Re: video quality on MCE extender

I know the video is not involved with playing TV on the extender as all of the decoding is done on the extender I am not sure about other video files but I suspect that the system video card is not involved with all of them but maybe with some of them depending on the actual file type

"Davidb" <Davidb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:973C22F5-936B-440A-BDA4-F7B4B8F19C06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The video seems better when I use media player on my PC. I am using a LAN to
connect the two. I have full bandwidth. I just was wondering if the video
card makes is even used when streaming to an extender. I don't think it
should but I am unsure.

"Curious" wrote:

Do you have the same problem when watching the same video on your PC if not
then the PC video card has nothing to do with your extender PQ.
Is either you PC or your Extender connected with wireless? If so then it
appears that you have a wireless bandwidth problem?

> Would changing the video card on my pc improve the quality of video on > my
> extender. I get pixelation on skin and some motion drag when I am > watching
> my
> videos through my 360.

  • Re: WMV files wont play in extender
    ... Also unless your extender is a 360, it will not playback high def content. ... export your video in an uncompressed format like avi ... I've read quite a lot here that says wmv files should play in Media ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: How to Build my own Vista Media Extender?
    ... Build your new Vista box. ... Make sure you have a HDMI output from your video card. ... Then, you link that PC over the network to your Media Center box, and play those videos with Media Player. ... player built into the extender to that i can watch my Blue Ray movies. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: My Videos through Extender
    ... How good the video looks will depend greatly on the TV you have your ... Extender connected to (you can get away with lower resolution/bit-rate on ... > There are a lot of WMV options in MovieMaker. ... >> Student Ambassador to Microsoft - University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Early Adopter - Extender Issues
    ... that's not MPEG video or your usage of the term "DV" is a bit off. ... >>>> Also do not like the protected content of HBO movies... ... >>>I am also disappointed by the restrictions on the extender. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • RE: Error message "digital TV cannot be played on this device"
    ... I got the extender was so that I wouldnt have to put a pc in the living room. ... So far the windows media ... problems to the consumers that support them by releasing buggy, ... > You could certainly update the rom, but since the onboard video is a low end ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)