Using WMP--NOT Power DVD

I have a Windows Vista Home Basic and I have encountered a problem with
Windows Media Player. Every time I insert a DVD into the drive, the computer
automatically runs Power DVD to play the movie. If I run Windows Media
Player and then insert the disc, then the computer automatically shuts down
WMP and it runs Power DVD. I do not like Power DVD and I want to use Windows
Media Player. I have tried EVERYTHING, but whatever I do, the computer
automatically shuts down WMP and runs Power DVD. Please Help!!!
--
Thank You

  • Re: Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center
    ... We can't play any DVDs on Windows Media Player 11 or Windows Media ... Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem ...
  • Re: Media player DVD start then death screen
    ... Do you get the chance to send an error report to Microsoft? ... Windows Media Development Team ... software fore the dvd is Power DVD, it works fine if i use Power DVD to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: C00D11CD
    ... "Ohio Is For Lovers" by "Hawthorne Heights" in Windows Media ... > My media player seems to have lost the ability to play a VCD or a DVD. ... > I can still play them on Power DVD ... > Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: DVD digital copy protection error with WMP 9 and 11
    ... a DVD movie with Media Player 9 and 11 on XP Pro SP3. ... PowerDVD install, which plays the DVD fine. ... If you must use Windows Media Player... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Windows Media Player 10 - DVD issues
    ... I purchased Pocket DVD Wizard. ... Apparrently this software just piggy-backs off of Windows Media Player. ... plugin I install, it appears that it should be working, but I get the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)