Re: Widescreen / Vista

logoanimation;943262 Wrote:
I have looked for any solutions on the site for my problem and could not
find what I was looking for that is why I am posting this message

1. I am using a DVD Shrink or AVS Cutter to get home movies and other
content from dvd to computer.

2. The preview on DVD Shrink shows 4:3 Ratio. When extracting certain
content it shows preview at 16:9

3. I play VOB file or mpeg file on media player at only 4:3

My question is: How do I fix the aspect ratio on my system in order to
edit videos at 16:9? I can not view 16:9 on any video I play, even
directly from dvd player to view dvd's. Media player only shows 4:3
aspect Ratio?

I am running 64 bit Operating system On a 22 Inch Widescreen HDMI. I
need to edit videos in Power Director or Movie Maker and it also shows
videos in 4:3 Ratio. In Power Director I can change aspect ratio only by
stretching it or Cropping video. In windows Movie Maker only shows 4:3
As well.

Without going into too much detail:

You don't mention if when the video is previewed in 4:3 if the image
appears squashed (everything looks thinner)

You also don;t mention the source of your video. You mention "home"
movies but not what it's shot with. It's possible you have mixed format.
I know for example on my camcorder (Panasonic NV Gs-180) I can shoot
16x9 and 4x3 but the frame size in both is always 720x576 (PAL). Both
those aspects are standard definition DVD compatable aspect ratios for
within the same frame size.

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/3d0c5a49-8f61-45cc-8a7d-38c4695ba9291033.mspx#EEE

  • Re: 16:9 Woes
    ... That would be pretty close to the ideal frame aspect ratio, ... examining the Movie Maker-produced DV files in VirtualDub is enough for assessing their quality (instead of going all the way and making a DVD out of them), viewing them in VirtualDub should do. ... You can use the VirtualDub's "resize" filter for previewing a widescreen DV/DVD video clip in the correct aspect ratio. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Transforming Captured video from a VHS video to MPEG/DVD
    ... Like many other people I want to have my old VHS video tapes ... But I thnk there are some odd limitations in the Windows Movie Maker ... As I want my old analog recording to be transformed to DVD format ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Transforming Captured video from a VHS video to MPEG/DVD
    ... together with the DVD "data" on the DVD'd I produce. ... Like many other people I want to have my old VHS video tapes ... But I thnk there are some odd limitations in the Windows Movie Maker ... As I want my old analog recording to be transformed to DVD format ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Loading an Edited Video Back onto Canon S1IS for use as a playback device
    ... I would like to be able to upload a short edited video, ... DVD player and make DVDs of the videos. ... I'm thinking you will have to save the movie file and burn a VCD ... First you would save your Movie Maker ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Can only save 60%
    ... Burning directly to disk from Movie Maker is ... Are you trying to create a simple Data Disk...or do you expect a video disk like a VCD or a DVD? ... A VCD is a Video Disk created on a CD instead of a DVD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)