Re: Widescreen / Vista

logoanimation;943262 Wrote:
I have looked for any solutions on the site for my problem and could not
find what I was looking for that is why I am posting this message

1. I am using a DVD Shrink or AVS Cutter to get home movies and other
content from dvd to computer.

2. The preview on DVD Shrink shows 4:3 Ratio. When extracting certain
content it shows preview at 16:9

3. I play VOB file or mpeg file on media player at only 4:3

My question is: How do I fix the aspect ratio on my system in order to
edit videos at 16:9? I can not view 16:9 on any video I play, even
directly from dvd player to view dvd's. Media player only shows 4:3
aspect Ratio?

I am running 64 bit Operating system On a 22 Inch Widescreen HDMI. I
need to edit videos in Power Director or Movie Maker and it also shows
videos in 4:3 Ratio. In Power Director I can change aspect ratio only by
stretching it or Cropping video. In windows Movie Maker only shows 4:3
As well.

Without going into too much detail:

You don't mention if when the video is previewed in 4:3 if the image
appears squashed (everything looks thinner)

You also don;t mention the source of your video. You mention "home"
movies but not what it's shot with. It's possible you have mixed format.
I know for example on my camcorder (Panasonic NV Gs-180) I can shoot
16x9 and 4x3 but the frame size in both is always 720x576 (PAL). Both
those aspects are standard definition DVD compatable aspect ratios for
within the same frame size.

--
Clevo

Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1