Re: Can't load WMV files into Movie Maker, can anyone help?

Popeye33 wrote:
Thanks John .... Firstly I copy the video onto a CD then I am using
'IMToo DVD to WMV converter' to change it into a WMV file.

What's interesting is on Vesta it would only show one chapter so I
went back to my other laptop which has Windows XP and all the
chapters came up, perhaps it's something to do with Vesta?

Cheers Pops
===================================
I'm not familiar with the software you are using...
are you saying you began by Ripping a DVD?

Why did you copy it to a "CD"?

What is the exact task you are trying to perform?
Are you trying to import clips from a DVD into
Movie Maker?

I think posting more details might help you find
a solution.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Re: Mixed videos and pictures published to DVD problem
    ... If I publish to .wmv file, ... publish to DVD the photos are gone. ... the .wmv file that is fine and the photos still disappear on the DVD. ... OK...you Published your Movie Maker project ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: burning video files.
    ... When I have had this experience it has been due to saving a clip in Movie ... Maker as a WMV file using the "recommended" settings. ... > to a cd as well as a dvd, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • problems burning PS3 movie to DVD
    ... The movie plays back smoothly and clearly on the computer. ... Then I tried to burn the .wmv file to DVD. ... it couldn't add the .wmv file. ... Then I tried another free software "Videos to DVD Converter v3.1" from ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: ppt presentation 2 dvd
    ... Then re-insert them into the presentation. ... using ppt2dvd but output a wmv file. ... Feed these two wmv files into your DVD ... i.e. see control panel/system/system restore/settings ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: New DVD Plug-in for Photo Story 3
    ... - it results in saving to a DVD quality WMV file, ... to MPEG-2 audio and video files, and burning a disc... ... > Sonic Solutions released a DVD Plug-in for Photo Story 3. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)