Re: Need Help Copying a DVD

JamesJ;923685 Wrote:
I want to copy dvd and really don't know where to start.
Can I use an applet that came with Vista Home Premium to do this?
I've tried DVD Maker and Movie Maker but I haven't had any luck.
I don't want to install a full-fledged suite to do this.

Thanks,
James

Hi *JamesJ* you don't say what type of DVD you are trying to copy. If
it is a DVD movie then you well have trouble with different types of
"copy guards" If it is a Data DVD then try "exploring" the DVD and then
copy and paste to a folder on your desktop and then burn to a blank DVD.

--
dbknox

  • Re: Windows Movie Maker Importing a video file from VHS
    ... Thanks for the suggestion about getting a DVD recorder, ... I have a .avi file but Movie maker will not let me save it to ... How do I import a movie (be it on DVD or VHS) using my ... video cam and VCR. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: poor picture quality when making a DVD photo slideshow
    ... Movie Maker 2 - Saving ... Burn a Movie Maker Project to DVD ... Windows Movie Maker Forums ... I know images are very fine and sharp. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Cannot save file.
    ... It could be due to your harddrive format. ... As far as the "Save to DVD" option goes the three people you talked to ... Media Center Edition PC's which come with that option in Movie Maker ... Now Windows Movie Maker will not save my ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Cant play back Movie Maker CD
    ... Import this into your dvd software and make your dvd. ... to be able to play this on my DVD player. ... Movie Maker will have been a waste of time since you would have to ... Movie Factory" then yes this program will take the video you created ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: best save setting to fit >1hr video on DVD
    ... I downloaded the profile and it's ready to go. ... I doubt it will even come close to replacing DVD ... set at 'superior quality VBR'. ... Since you put the ''13'' different clips into Movie Maker to add titles ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)