Re: Windows Media Player 11 won't play DVDs

"okedoke1234" <okedoke1234.3lo7fb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I have no clue why I have all those filters installed. I did not go out
and do it myself as I wouldn't know how to do it. I'm not an IT guy.

My video card is NVIDIA GE Force 7300 LE with driver version
7.15.11.6371 dated 9/17/2007. Tried to update driver and it says I have
the most up to date version.

To update my previous message, I have the EXACT nVidia and driver setup as
you, and can't play DVDs except for the colored, blocky, pixilated video. I
did, however, install the latest VLC DVD player today, and it works great.
That in itself proves it's not a "video" problem.

It's probably a codecs problem, but how in hell does anyone know how to deal
with that!

EW

  • Re: How to have better quality display?
    ... I no longer have access either to the hardware or the specs related to this driver, so my support for it is limited to things that require neither. ... I committed a major update to the Intel 830M and 845G chipset support to both the XFree86 CVS trunk and DRI CVS trunk. ... A patch based on Christian Zietz's code to tell the video BIOS about extra video memory that has been allocated was committed to the XFree86 CVS trunk. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: WHat does the error mean: The WMI Performance Adapter service
    ... That type of error is usually caused by a bad video card, ... likely need to swap out the monitor as well to be absolutely certain. ... Download the latest video driver for your card online, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Intel 82865G driver
    ... David Dawes: 830M/845G/852GM/855GM/865G Driver ... I no longer have access either to the hardware or the specs related to this driver, so my support for it is limited to things that require neither. ... I committed a major update to the Intel 830M and 845G chipset support to both the XFree86 CVS trunk and DRI CVS trunk. ... A patch based on Christian Zietz's code to tell the video BIOS about extra video memory that has been allocated was committed to the XFree86 CVS trunk. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [Solved] X11 slowness, command line hesitations, and pixel fuzz (blit leakage?) in xfce4-ter
    ... The shift from Xaa to Exa is definitely a bit early for a lot of the video ... Look for your xorg.conf and check the device section for the display card. ... [or other driver for your video hardware] ... Of course, when the get the "Exa" acceleration problems ironed out, you'll ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Loading game problems
    ... Updating video card drivers can solve most gaming issues. ... Download the latest video driver for your card online, ... When Windows prompts you to install the video adapter, ... The latest video drivers sometime don't work with a particular game. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)