Re: Windows Media Player 11 won't play DVDs

"okedoke1234" <okedoke1234.3lo7fb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I have no clue why I have all those filters installed. I did not go out
and do it myself as I wouldn't know how to do it. I'm not an IT guy.

My video card is NVIDIA GE Force 7300 LE with driver version
7.15.11.6371 dated 9/17/2007. Tried to update driver and it says I have
the most up to date version.

To update my previous message, I have the EXACT nVidia and driver setup as
you, and can't play DVDs except for the colored, blocky, pixilated video. I
did, however, install the latest VLC DVD player today, and it works great.
That in itself proves it's not a "video" problem.

It's probably a codecs problem, but how in hell does anyone know how to deal
with that!

EW

  • Re: How to have better quality display?
    ... I no longer have access either to the hardware or the specs related to this driver, so my support for it is limited to things that require neither. ... I committed a major update to the Intel 830M and 845G chipset support to both the XFree86 CVS trunk and DRI CVS trunk. ... A patch based on Christian Zietz's code to tell the video BIOS about extra video memory that has been allocated was committed to the XFree86 CVS trunk. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: WHat does the error mean: The WMI Performance Adapter service
    ... That type of error is usually caused by a bad video card, ... likely need to swap out the monitor as well to be absolutely certain. ... Download the latest video driver for your card online, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Intel 82865G driver
    ... David Dawes: 830M/845G/852GM/855GM/865G Driver ... I no longer have access either to the hardware or the specs related to this driver, so my support for it is limited to things that require neither. ... I committed a major update to the Intel 830M and 845G chipset support to both the XFree86 CVS trunk and DRI CVS trunk. ... A patch based on Christian Zietz's code to tell the video BIOS about extra video memory that has been allocated was committed to the XFree86 CVS trunk. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [Solved] X11 slowness, command line hesitations, and pixel fuzz (blit leakage?) in xfce4-ter
    ... The shift from Xaa to Exa is definitely a bit early for a lot of the video ... Look for your xorg.conf and check the device section for the display card. ... [or other driver for your video hardware] ... Of course, when the get the "Exa" acceleration problems ironed out, you'll ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Silent Hill 3 - freezes at the very beginning
    ... The game isn't removing all configuration information when you uninstall it; ... The Video driver you're using isn't supported by the game. ... Updating video card drivers can solve most gaming issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)