Re: displaying picture thumbnails

John Inzer;765375 Wrote:
Lar wrote:> > >
when i display thumbnails of pictures in explorer all my thumbnails
display the same thing...they don't display a thumbnail of the
actual
picture. Is this some kind of file association issue?? > >
==========================
First...try the following...

Open a folder and go to...tools / folder options /
view tab...and untick "always show icons, never
thumbnails".

Windows Vista -
Change folder views and behavior
'Change folder views and behavior - Windows Vista Help'
(http://tinyurl.com/33oh9s)
(http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/3a3bfe59-5268-4fb3-81c5-7972c28939cd1033.mspx)

--

John Inzer

You are a lifesaver! Thanks!

--
howdypumpkin

  • Re: No miniviews of pictures in folder thumbnails
    ... If a generic icon is displayed for a picture file when in Thumbnail view, type or paste the following line into the Start | Run box and click OK... ... If a .jpg file is in a folder that is NOT a Pictures or Photo Album right clicking the file does not bring up Refresh Thumbnail in the context menu. ... Recreated registry entries in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT to display thumbnails ...
  • Re: Album art not in library but in now playing window
    ... music is saved whenever I paste the album art from within WMP. ... the best way is to have an image in the folder named ... image that nearly fills the thumbnail, ... propertities and they are the same for the albums that display the art and ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Win XP assigns me new "user" folder - creates problem - how can I get it to use my old "
    ... Thanks John for your patience and help with this problem. ... My laptop is running Windows XP Pro. ... To determine if the profile is corrupt: ... Documents and Settings folder. ...
  • Re: Display list of files rather than a normal web page.
    ... I am using FTP Explorer to upload my Pub03 generated index.htm and the ... I would like it to display a tree of that folder and sub folders and I ... "> John G, ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Searching File Server for User Permissions
    ... Then there is a random user that needs to have access to this folder ... we'll call him John Doe. ... of those folders in the file server will not convert over to the new ... for which JDoe has some permissions. ...