Re: mp3 cd won't play in car

Chill, it's an atmosphere of love.

So you're saying you have a very old car audio system that doesn't support
nonfinalized CDs? I can't imagine any modern CD decks not supporting
nonfinalized CDs.
If you want to FORCE closure/finalization, fill the CD. Until that point,
it would seem to be logical ~not~ to finalize the CD.

The finalization/non-finalization of CDs is a feature of IMAPI and is
identical between XP and Vista.

So your options:
* get a modern CD deck; or
* fill the CD; or
* use something that explicitly allows finalization such as Nero

WMP has never ever offered some Finalize checkbox. This is an artifact of
CD Burning and has nothing to do with MP3. The same thing (non-closure of
non-full-ish CDs) would happen if you burned WMA, MID, DOC, or crackers to
your CD. "Anti-mp3" conspiracy theory upon this subject is of course
ludicrous. The devs behind MP3 are good people and I've glad to have
personally worked with them. Please don't let your having old CD hardware
when using a *basic* burning service lead you to invent fake drama between
people that respect each other. I'll say I like them, but I don't want to
presume the feeling is mutual, even though I have Christmas cards downstairs
from them. =)

Anyways, you have three options listed above that should sort you out. And,
as noted, this has never been a Windows feature ever, so it's not like
anything changed here. =)

Cheers,
-Zach
"VistaIsTickingMeOFF"
<VistaIsTickingMeOFF.3llwk2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Oscar:

Apparently you don't know the difference between reading and jumping to
conclusions. Audio files take more CD space, but maybe your not aware of
that. MP3 compression allows for more files per CD... DUH! I am talking
about creating an MP3 CD using VISTA which does not close sessions such
devices like DVD players, car audio systems use them... READ THE
THREAD.... So it is a VISTA ISSUE!!!!

Try you see! I have talked with 10 other Vista users and they all
report the same thing... It does not work unless you use third party
software. So like I said I paid more to upgrade from XP to an OS with
less features!!!

You got it OSCAR.....?????:mad:

oscar;1125982 Wrote:
According to your heading and your post, it appears that you do not know
the
dfference between mp3 and audio files.

WMP can easily create audio cd's that are useable in car cd players. I
do
it all the time.

This appears to be a user problem and not a Vista problem.

Vista is an operating system which allows software such as WMP to
integrate
with the hardware. If you have a problem creating audio CD's you should
be
looking at the software that converts the MP3 to audio or the hardware
involved.

Your post name, "VistaIsTickingMe Off", suggests that you would better
serve
yourself by reading a thick book on how Vista and its features work so
you
won't get confused by such simple tasks as creating an audio CD.
--
oscar :)

....Right click is your very good friend...

"VistaIsTickingMeOFF" wrote:

You said it, I cannot believe Microsoft would stoop so low, this I am
sure was by design... you know MP3 was not their format to begin with
so
why support this going forward.... I paid more for their new OS Cause
was told it would do more and now I am getting less... Like to see
this
one in their Mojave Experiment...LOL I sure hope they learned a
lesson,
other wise this PC user will soon become a MAC user!:mad:

--
VistaIsTickingMeOFF

VistaIsTickingMeOFF

  • Re: mp3 cd wont play in car
    ... dfference between mp3 and audio files. ... WMP can easily create audio cd's that are useable in car cd players. ... This appears to be a user problem and not a Vista problem. ...
  • Re: mp3 cd wont play in car
    ... MP3 compression allows for more files per CD... ... car audio systems use them... ... So it is a VISTA ISSUE!!!! ... dfference between mp3 and audio files. ...
  • Re: recommendation needed
    ... work with Vista. ... If you want to rip CD's to mp3 then Windows Media Player is as good as ... For converting from one audio format to another, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Codecs/WAV/WMM
    ... The mp3 audio file is good. ... ACM Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC 0011 imaadp32.acm 6.0.6000.16386 ... ICM Microsoft Video 1 MSVC msvidc32.dll 6.0.6001.18000 ...
  • Re: Help!!!
    ... can no longer handle so many audio tracks at the same time. ... Get a mp3 recorder like music match to make mp3 files. ... Buy a dvd burner. ...
    (comp.music.midi)