Re: Vista32: dvd playback degraded?

Many times installing new drivers damages the OS installation,
discourages
the user, and doesn't fix anything, especially if the problem is
'by-design'.

This isn't by any design that I'm aware of.

What I mean here for example is that support will have you thrash around
with drivers, even though the problem is really the design. Monitor EDID is
more strictly enforced with vista, and is the reason a lot of people
complain they can't get their old hi resolution setting they expect. No
driver from nvidia will fix that AFAIK. Happened to me.

.