Re: Windows Movie Maker - no video in .avi files

'zachd [MSFT Wrote:
;930784']Where did you get the clip from? The content provider would
hopefully know
what codec their content uses.

See 'WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player
problems.' (http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html) for some helpful WMP info.
rights.
--
"ATC67STANG" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2181b546f0bdabc2fd1cf67d88b74556@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

'zachd [MSFT Wrote:> > > > >
;930184']Sounds like you should figure out what codec your content
uses.
Then check
with the codec provider for a 64bit version.

See 'WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player
problems.' ('WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media
Player problems.' (http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html)) for some helpful WMP
info.
rights.
--
"ATC67STANG" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:bb592abb33ff3e83d4f00ceb9914dccd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >> > > > >
I know will arise this question...... Where can I find what codec
is is
used for my WMM? I know that sounds kinda like I want you to
explain the
whole process to me, but do be advised I have had some trouble
with
other various answers from forums that have chronically time and
again
proven useless to me with my research!

Thanks

--
ATC67STANG > >

The clip is actually some mediocre footage I took myself using a
personal Digital Camera made by Samsung. It's quite odd because when I
set the default player as Quick time I still have the same problem. I
would just like to take this one step at a time...as I am new to this
x64 OS. I believe if I can figure out the Codec issue w/ WMM let alone I
can then venture off into finding a solution as well for Quick time
without haveing a Codec overload on my system. Personally I wouldn't
care for just some AVI converter to make life easier with an additional
step!

I'll do some follow up for Samsung too!

--
ATC67STANG

  • RE: Message Error 80040154 Class Not Found - "It Means Go Re-insta
    ... > depending on exactly what you are playing or try to play in Windows Media ... > files then you will want to reinstall Windows Media Player over itself. ... > If you are not completely sure about what video codec’s are or do I would ... > AVI Files - Getting the Specific Codec You Need ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: About an error i am getting with windows media player
    ... it woked and my windows media player is working again i thank you.... ... everytime i load windows media 9 serious and go and play a *mp3 file or any ... Codec packs in general cause all sorts of problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: error message C00D1199 & C00D11D4 while using Windows Media Playe
    ... i am using Windows Vista and Play .avi files in Windows media player 11 ... while playing getting message "unable to play - error message C00D1199". ... support the codec that was used to compress the file." ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Is this a directshow problem?
    ... Windows Media Development Team ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... The codec is not important because the problem ocours with files ... The message is something like this: "Windows Media Player can not play ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Is this a directshow problem?
    ... Windows Media Development Team ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... thank you for your answer but the codec is not the problem. ... The message is something like this: "Windows Media Player can not play ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)