Re: Issues With Vista/Sound Card

Clevo;929448 Wrote:
You work in The industry and have had Vista for a year and you are only
discoverint this now?

For recording and Archiving and distribution (syndication) Netia is the
industry standard. (if you have the budget).

Audacity, a popular free software, works on Vista and you can get
around Vista's recording "what you hear" problem. But if you work in the
industry you would appreciate this is the inferior way to record for
archiving or re-broadcast. You are allowing to much line noise.

Invest in a Sound card...

CSCulwellV1;596244 Wrote:
I bought my laptop, featuring windows vista, about a year ago. During
that
time, I have noticed two things I could do on my older computer that
had XP
but can't do on Vista. (a) I cannot listen to anything I record into my
computer while recording it. I have to record, then listen back. (b) I
cannot
record anything that is playing on my computer.

I read somewhere about copyright issues or something, but I work in the
radio business, so I use my laptop for audio recording all the time.
When you
are recording an hour or longer broadcast for re-airing or for archive
purposes, it really sucks if the audio doesn't record right, something
you
fix if you were able to here it during recording. Does anybody know
anyway to
fix this problem?> >
MervR
Hi Clevo,
I'm not the guy who initiated the first query. I have only just bought
my laptop and discovered the problem within minutes. I've been searching
for a fix for over a week.
You're the first person I've come across who has indicated that there
might be a way of overcoming Vista's "What You Here" issue. How can it
be done.
I'm using Adobe Audition, a program that is used extensively in
Community Radio where bugets are limited. In order to "bounce" one track
to another in a multitracking format, it is essential to be able to
record the sound you are hearing on playback. This doesn't seem possible
with Vista.
I'll be happy if you can tell me how to get the old "Stereo Mix"
control or something similar into Vista.
Regards,
MervR

--
MervR

  • Re: Technika AEDTR160S7
    ... how to transfer recording from the hard drive to my VCR? ... may just be a matter of ensuring that your connections ... to start the actual archiving. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Archiving recordings for 20 years and downloading Brandenburg concertos.
    ... MY nephew (a professional in sound recording) recommended converting ... selling the original CDs to fund new purchases. ... What is the most cost effective archiving medium for the long term, ... duplicate. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • RadioLogger 2.2
    ... RadioLogger is the number one solution for recording and archiving ... your radio broadcasts. ... Recording can be done directly from the playback device and compressed ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Re: Multitrack Live Recordings and Long Term Archival Media and procedures
    ... As far as archiving and storage, it's true that hard drives can go ... We´re planning on going with a Cantar for the live recording ... 418 M/S mike, with additional boom with MKH 70 radio sent to Cantar, ...
    (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
  • Re: Issues With Vista/Sound Card
    ... You work in The industry and have had Vista for a year and you are only ... For recording and Archiving and distribution Netia is the ...