Re: Issues With Vista/Sound Card

You work in The industry and have had Vista for a year and you are only
discoverint this now?

For recording and Archiving and distribution (syndication) Netia is the
industry standard. (if you have the budget).

Audacity, a popular free software, works on Vista and you can get
around Vista's recording "what you hear" problem. But if you work in the
industry you would appreciate this is the inferior way to record for
archiving or re-broadcast. You are allowing to much line noise.

Invest in a Sound card...

CSCulwellV1;596244 Wrote:
I bought my laptop, featuring windows vista, about a year ago. During
that
time, I have noticed two things I could do on my older computer that
had XP
but can't do on Vista. (a) I cannot listen to anything I record into my
computer while recording it. I have to record, then listen back. (b) I
cannot
record anything that is playing on my computer.

I read somewhere about copyright issues or something, but I work in the
radio business, so I use my laptop for audio recording all the time.
When you
are recording an hour or longer broadcast for re-airing or for archive
purposes, it really sucks if the audio doesn't record right, something
you
fix if you were able to here it during recording. Does anybody know
anyway to
fix this problem?

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/3d0c5a49-8f61-45cc-8a7d-38c4695ba9291033.mspx#EEE

  • Re: CPU Utilization - Xbox 360 Extender Vista Media Center
    ... hooking the extender directly to the Vista Ultimate over an 100BT hub. ... Here's what's really puzzling to me: I ran the performance monitor on Vista ... I can disply the high def content right on the Vista PC with no problem, ... while also recording, the high CPU utilization causes choppy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: CPU Utilization - Xbox 360 Extender Vista Media Center
    ... default on my mce 2005 and disabled by default on Vista... ... for 10 Mbps video content), it's still being sent to the switch at 1 Gbps, ... while also recording, the high CPU utilization causes choppy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Vistas Media Center records HD in 480p only?
    ... of protection is required by the entertainment industry. ... I am recording at 480i off of a Directv ... purchase of Vista will allow me the privilage of having to spend another ... It could be due to the new and 'improved' DRM introduced in Vista which is ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Archive Recordered Shows
    ... him to find out if it is Vista compatible. ... pointed your watched folder to the new directory (found in Tweak MCE), ... and magically both my old recording folder and my new recording ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Need fix for Vista WMP 11 similar to fix for XP WMP 11
    ... What exact playback context are you getting this in? ... happen on Vista. ... in video recordings (all of which are over 30 minutes in duration), ... Comparing two machines on the same recording ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)