Windows media player stopped working - updates won't take

Hi Zack;
read through most of your posts about this problem and I suspect mine
is caused by installing the "Netflix" player add in for Windows Media
Center. I have tried installing hot fix kb933547 (it says "Not enough
storage is available to process this command" HAH! 1.2 tera bytes HD and
6 gig main) and the cumulative update KB941651-x64, (it says "update
does not apply to your system"). I have not found a way to remove and
re-intall WMP and I have also used your method to force the use of the
64x version of WMP.

Why won't the hot fixes install? Is it possible to remove and replace
WMP. Do you think that would help? And, yes, it crashes when I plug in
my Crucial survivor memory stick.

Let me know what additional info you need.
TY
Keshka

--
Dancy

  • Re: Why can I edit mp4 files (Flip Mino-HD) in Movie Maker?
    ... Player, before installing FlipShare. ... WMP tech info showed the Microsoft MPEG4 filter as being installed - ... MM6 imported and previewed the clip with the 3ivx filters installed. ...
  • WMP 10: jitter after adjusting Video Settings
    ... jitter stops only if I click the Reset (sliders to ... formats with Windows Media Encoder and other programs. ... I had no problem with WMP 9, even after installing XP SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Installing Windows Media Player 10...
    ... Windows Media Development Team ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... Plus the only reason I am installing WMP 10 is becaseu when i try to open ... Do you want to install the player from ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • Re: Win MP has encountered a problem . . .
    ... XP Pro) I get the error message saying that "Windows Media Player has ... Tried downloading the program and installing of over whatever is there, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Distorted sound from WMP 11
    ... But I've always had some issues installing my sound card. ... This happened before when MS came out with WMP 9&10. ... to play the music I ripped with tthe Creative Player. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)