An Error is Preventing this Slide Show from Playing

Thanks Blackbird, I changed the Energy Settings as you directed and the
Screen Saver (slide show) appears to be working fine.
Thank you for your help,
bOb

"Boblink" <Boblink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
I,m not quite sure what your suggesting Blackbird? If I Turn Off the Sleep
function, then the system will not go to sleep (hibernation) and hence the
Slide Show will never appear (since the system will be "awake" all the
time).
Thanks,
Bob

We're talking here about a screensaver not about sleeping mode, aren't we?
Hard to give you advice in English since I have the Dutch Vista, but I'll
try (?=doubtful translation)
Go to Control Panel >Personal Adjustments(?)>Screen Safety (?) and choose
your slide show as the screensaver. Now choose one of the Energy Settings
and change it to:
Turn off screen: Never
Put computer to sleep: Never
That will do the trick.

  • Re: An Error is Preventing this Slide Show from Playing
    ... Slide Show will never appear (since the system will be "awake" all the time). ... Go to Control Panel>Personal Adjustments>Screen Safety and choose your slide show as the screensaver. ... Put computer to sleep: Never ...
  • My "santa-list" for Fedora-14.. & is there a file-wash program?..
    ... mostly for a pix editing hobby like some use electronic ... What would it take to have screensaver married to gimp..? ... What can you do to screensaver slide show, or to a slide show, to make ... Fedora should have a base install of programs to show all Web activity ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: powerpoint on Dell XPS
    ... checked screensaver and power they are off. ... I tried leaving a slide on the screen as a test and after ... Pressed down arrow and the ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Critique My Plan - Using PPT as teleprompter
    ... - beeping for a low battery, for example, and your screensaver and ... >put the quotes on the slide. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • RE: An Error is Preventing this Slide Show from Playing
    ... I have Vista Home and am having the same problem with running slide show ... Screen Saver appears to be working fine. ... We're talking here about a screensaver not about sleeping mode, ...