Re: Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard

I have found a resolution to the quick renaming issue. You still have
to use the regular Vista import function, but then create folders for
each group of photos you want to name similarly, e.g. "20081231 Sarah's
Birthday" and put all the pictures relating to that event in the folder.
Then, use CTL+A to select all files in the folder and right click on
the first message in the file name area and select "Rename". Type your
file name in the first box and it will rename all selected files with a
number in parenthesis following each file name. It's the only
workaround I've come up with, and just recently. This was one of my big
beefs with Vista as well. I hope this is helpful!

PS - I don't know what a quote button is so I can't use it. Not trying
to have improper posting etiquette, just ignorant. Sorry about that.

--
JudyBooty

  • Re: Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard
    ... to use the regular Vista import function, ... Birthday" and put all the pictures relating to that event in the folder. ... PS - I don't know what a quote button is so I can't use it. ... button and it will quote what is posted in that window. ...
  • Vista start menu issue???
    ... Hi everyone just a few minutes ago I had a folder in my start menu all programs that said programs. ... Well for some reason now it has disappeared I went into my start menu to customize it and I did a stupid thing and hit classic menu by mistake. ... well when I went back to my regular vista start menu as I did not like classic this folder was gone not there. ...
  • Re: Re-accruing photos in a slideshow
    ... > numerical order and then select this new folder for screen saver but you ... > still will not get the photos to displayed in order. ... > If you want to try it, you can batch rename very quickly using XP. ... > in the order you placed the thumbnails. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Creating slideshows in XP
    ... familiar with the Irfanview software, which lets you gather a particular set ... the pictures, and then it closes, i.e. doesn't do a continuous loop. ... I can take that new folder with the renamed files you mentioned and convert ... > If you need to batch rename and number, you can do this easily with XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: autofix failure
    ... One very bad feature about using windows to batch rename your photos: ... I found this out the hard way of course, renamed a whole folder and then ... >>> only when you download the pictures. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)