Re: Convert DVD files to Mpg or Avi

My goal is to extract 30 sec to 1 min of the audio of a dvd
and save it as a wav. So far I understand one must save
the video in a format that you can extract the audio from??
I did find a program that I was able to extract the ENTIRE
audio from a title from a dvd. (The dvd is from a tv show and
has several episodes) Haven't figured out how to get 30 seconds
or so from this.

James

"Clevo" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:f20a2159deb4c00bce6a2fef7c892428@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It can be but believe me...once you get your head around a few basic
concepts it becomes clearer.

Perhaps if you care to be more specific I can give a specific answer.

I suspect you are trying to Rip a DVD?

JamesJ;926033 Wrote:
This is all a bit overwhelming for me.

Thanks,
James

news:64e70bfc51cfeda89686aba2faca629a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/3d0c5a49-8f61-45cc-8a7d-38c4695ba9291033.mspx#EEE

  • Re: MPEG-2 or AVI DV?
    ... AVI is simply a container. ... >>DVD camcorders also use MPEG-2 but to the DVD Video Specification. ... DVD camcorders use MPEG-2 video with interleaved AC3 ... Because of the way that the AC3 audio is ...
    (uk.rec.video.digital)
  • Re: Extracting audio from DVD
    ... Audio Hijack (http:// ... I tried it with a DVD concert ... you have to extract ...
    (rec.audio.tech)
  • Re: Extracting audio from DVD
    ... Audio Hijack (http:// ... I tried it with a DVD concert ... you have to extract ...
    (rec.audio.tech)
  • Re: DVD to WMV
    ... select the right audio track, ... AVI from the .d2v (it takes a few seconds and the AVI is ... www.tmpgenc.com) and open your VOB sequence with it. ... then transfered to DVD using a DVD recorder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder)
  • Re: extracting an audio file from a video
    ... I have some DVD videos that I play with Xine. ... I have used mplayer to extract audio from downloaded videos. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)