Re: Video lag in windows vista x64

You mention Xvid...do you have the xvid codec installed?

Don;t install a whole pack just for one codec. Go to the microsoft
website and search for the xvid codec.

The link I provide in my signature is a good start

Pyroxide;923648 Wrote:
Hi Clevo!
Ok so, the video is choppy, the framerate is really low. For the
processes, nothing's running, it's a brand new installation of Windows.
The videos are xVids of movies downloaded from the internet. I'm using
VLC and Divx Player to watch them, and the problem occurs with both.

If there's anything else you need just ask! :)

Thanks again,
Nick

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/3d0c5a49-8f61-45cc-8a7d-38c4695ba9291033.mspx#EEE

  • Re: Video lag in windows vista x64
    ... I think what could be happening is that your graphic card is over ... different platforms...so it sounds like a video card issue. ... You mention Xvid...do you have the xvid codec installed? ... Don;t install a whole pack just for one codec. ...
  • Xvid codec is it there or not?
    ... I need to install the Xvid codec, ... I have done the rpm and the files are installed at ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: system 32 problem
    ... instruct to go.i then recieve an error report "windows\system32\xvid.ax ... Maybe you can install the xvid codec again to have a try.Or you can ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WPM 11 and Vista
    ... I tried to install Realplayer to see if it would play dvds, ... ACM Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC 0011 imaadp32.acm 6.0.6000.16386 ... ACM Microsoft CCITT G.711 A-Law and u-Law CODEC 0007 msg711.acm ... ICM Microsoft Video 1 MSVC msvidc32.dll 6.0.6000.16513 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: OK Windows fans, recommend me a computer
    ... there's only one remotely plausible way to install ... switched to the video output on the card by default (which I wasn't ... Windows could have detected the screen and put video on it. ... So I launched the driver installer from the disc manually ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)