Video lag in windows vista x64

Hi!
I just installed windows vista ultimate x64 on my PC and I've started
experiencing lag from time to time in videos I try to watch. (By closing
and reopening the video in VLC, it sometime plays normally (10% of the
time)). Also, the sound of the videos seems to be OK, only the images
lags behind at a less-than expected framerate. If I reboot my computer
and the first thing I do in windows is open the video I want to watch,
it plays fine 100% of the time.

This didn't occur by using the 32-bit version of Vista. I have a Quadro
FX 3400 graphic card and 4gigs of RAM in a HP Pavilion a6245n (Quad-core
2.4 ghz). Videos, in my opinion, shouldn't lag based on the computer I
have. Do any of you have any idea what's wrong with my computer? I also
want to point out that I have installed the latest driver for my graphic
card and it didn't change a thing. Also, the sound of the videos seems
to be OK, only the images lags behind at a less-than expected framerate.

Hope to here from someone soon!
Thanks,
Nick

--
Pyroxide

  • Re: Video lag in windows vista x64
    ... I just installed windows vista ultimate x64 on my PC and I've started ... Also, the sound of the videos seems to be OK, only the images ... Videos, in my opinion, shouldn't lag based on the computer I ...
  • Re: Motorrad Tourenplaner 2006/2007
    ... Die Karte selber ... schlägt dabei mit 3,5 GB zu Buche. ... Lag ich gar nicht so verkehrt. ... Die restlichen 1,8 GB sind im wesentlichen vier Videos mit 660 ...
    (de.rec.motorrad)
  • Re: Help with PC
    ... videos on my computer it will slow down and lag up after like the first 2 minutes of doing an action. ... It's really frustrating and if anyone knows what i can do or if anyone is having similar problems Post please and thank you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Magic Tour Highlights
    ... Is it possible to burn these videos to a DVD so you can ... watch them on TV or am I supposed to be happy to watch this fuzzy screen ... but if I play the videos WITHIN iTunes they ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: PS3 Supports GameTrailers, More Bad News for Xbox
    ... gaming, pop up the browser, and watch a game review right on your tv! ... Very cool innovation that makes PS3 a worthwhile console. ... on my PS3 so I can tie up the large screen HDTV to watch them! ... Gametrailers offers HD quality videos. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)