Video lag in windows vista x64

Hi!
I just installed windows vista ultimate x64 on my PC and I've started
experiencing lag from time to time in videos I try to watch. (By closing
and reopening the video in VLC, it sometime plays normally (10% of the
time)). Also, the sound of the videos seems to be OK, only the images
lags behind at a less-than expected framerate. If I reboot my computer
and the first thing I do in windows is open the video I want to watch,
it plays fine 100% of the time.

This didn't occur by using the 32-bit version of Vista. I have a Quadro
FX 3400 graphic card and 4gigs of RAM in a HP Pavilion a6245n (Quad-core
2.4 ghz). Videos, in my opinion, shouldn't lag based on the computer I
have. Do any of you have any idea what's wrong with my computer? I also
want to point out that I have installed the latest driver for my graphic
card and it didn't change a thing. Also, the sound of the videos seems
to be OK, only the images lags behind at a less-than expected framerate.

Hope to here from someone soon!
Thanks,
Nick

--