Re: CP problem with media player with generic monitor

I'm no expert and the only comment I can think of is to buy a LCD
monitor...sure to be some bargains somewhere and you'll save on
electricity :)

Paul;920941 Wrote:
Vista 32bit sp1:

Main monitor is a older CRT and I have disabled EDID (with needle nose
pliers) in order to get the high resolution I need in vista. The
problem
with this is that when in clone mode (with a flat panel tv) media
player
refuses to play DVDs due to content protection. I think this is a built
in
restriction with monitors that won't plug and play, in this case my
generic
monitor, not the tv. I think they are afraid my unknown monitor could
be a
high speed DVD reproduction robot, ha! The fix is to use VLC. Seems a
shame
though. Either they should fix the resolution lockdown on monitors, or
fix
the content protection chain nonsense. Can any of the experts here
comment
on this stuff?

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/3d0c5a49-8f61-45cc-8a7d-38c4695ba9291033.mspx#EEE

  • Re: Screen Loads Sideways - video card issue?
    ... with the monitor attached, it's got to be the video card (nVidia GeForce ... 9600m GT) or the graphics driver interacting with Vista. ... chat with microsoft and they couldn't fix it. ... thoughts of any kind on how to fix the problem or on the compatability ...
  • Re: WG6100xy problems!
    ... If you are going to fix the monitor, do it right and replace and upgrade the components recommended in the FAQ. ... Be sure to resolder all suspect cold solder joints. ... Strange because game is fully playable, but the image is very weak. ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting)
  • Re: A vertically integrated company should do better
    ... software might be hitting a problem with hardware that Leopard was ... To Tim Adams, HPT, and Steve Carroll, of course, this is just ... no less to fix a MONITOR issue. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: My iMac is here - first impressions
    ... (first G4 tower) ... boot the G4 into OS 9, ad install the latest G4 firmware update off of ... DVI cable being sent to me, but I am "stuck" with one monitor right now. ... An update will likely fix that - but too late for me. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: My iMac is here - first impressions
    ... (first G4 tower) ... My good is this machine wonderful - first iMac I have actually liked the ... DVI cable being sent to me, but I am "stuck" with one monitor right now. ... An update will likely fix that - but too late for me. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)