Re: CP problem with media player with generic monitor

I'm no expert and the only comment I can think of is to buy a LCD
monitor...sure to be some bargains somewhere and you'll save on
electricity :)

Paul;920941 Wrote:
Vista 32bit sp1:

Main monitor is a older CRT and I have disabled EDID (with needle nose
pliers) in order to get the high resolution I need in vista. The
problem
with this is that when in clone mode (with a flat panel tv) media
player
refuses to play DVDs due to content protection. I think this is a built
in
restriction with monitors that won't plug and play, in this case my
generic
monitor, not the tv. I think they are afraid my unknown monitor could
be a
high speed DVD reproduction robot, ha! The fix is to use VLC. Seems a
shame
though. Either they should fix the resolution lockdown on monitors, or
fix
the content protection chain nonsense. Can any of the experts here
comment
on this stuff?

--
Clevo