Capture device error Bad Pool Header and BSOD

My Dazzle Pinnacle capture device won't work. Pinnacle doesn't offer any tech
support for it and so far, I haven't found a fix on the Forum.
Can anyone help? I deleted the drivers folder, downloaded and installed
14.0.0.162 (32 bit) for my dvc 170 capture device to use on Vista. When I
click on the electronic unplug icon and check the driver properties, I have
version 2.5.6.0 March 8, 2006 even though I just installed it yesterday
(Dec 26, 2008). I move through the software to the point where I want to
Capture, in pinnacle software, then I still get the Blue Screen of death with
the Bad Pool Header message. I also have Windows Movie Maker and Adobe. When
I use those, The computer doesn't shut down, but I still cannot capture from
a Camcorder or VCR/DVD. I've had the capture device almost a year and have
spent many hours trying to get it to work. It's very disappointing that
Pinnacle doesn't offer any phone, email, or live chat support for something
that is still under warranty, but has never worked. Anyone's help is very
much appreciated! Thanks Larry
--
ldl

  • Re: Capture device error Bad Pool Header and BSOD
    ... Clevo: Thank you very much. ... Sounds like a Pinnacle problem rather than a Vista problem but I would ... for my dvc 170 capture device to use on Vista. ...
  • Re: Capture device error Bad Pool Header and BSOD
    ... Sounds like a Pinnacle problem rather than a Vista problem but I would ... recommend finding a Pinnacle user group forum to get more specific help ... for my dvc 170 capture device to use on Vista. ...
  • RE: Importing from VHS to DV-AVI format
    ... Otherwise, you can get a capture device (Dazzle, Pinnacle, etc.) and use that to capture the video to AVI using the software they provide with the device. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Media Center doesnt give me the option to select anything but
    ... therewere mce2005 and vista 32bit. ... Pinnacle is of no help what so ever. ... such as windows media center and wont support that. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Pinnacle 11 - lines in output video
    ... Pinnacle is junk and the support is worse. ... when I try to make a DVD, or a .wmv file etc, the output video ... movie is being made also contains these spurious lines. ...
    (rec.video.production)