Re: Vista32: dvd playback degraded?

Are you using the latest video card driver for your card according to your video card vendor's web site on the Vista side?

"Paul" <this@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OjyBo7$ZJHA.412@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm seeing that standard commercial dvd plays back with some jagged edges
in vista. Monitor is a 42" 1080p HDTV. Playing the same dvd in xp on the
same machine (it's dual boot) shows no jagged edges. Could I be seeing the
effects of vista content degradation due to drm? Tests are done with the
latest vlc with the same settings on both OS. I can't use media player for
the test due to an old crt attached using vga without EDID (a content
protection violation).

.