Re: Vista32: dvd playback degraded?

Are you using the latest video card driver for your card according to your video card vendor's web site on the Vista side?

"Paul" <this@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OjyBo7$ZJHA.412@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm seeing that standard commercial dvd plays back with some jagged edges
in vista. Monitor is a 42" 1080p HDTV. Playing the same dvd in xp on the
same machine (it's dual boot) shows no jagged edges. Could I be seeing the
effects of vista content degradation due to drm? Tests are done with the
latest vlc with the same settings on both OS. I can't use media player for
the test due to an old crt attached using vga without EDID (a content
protection violation).

  • Re: strange Vista behavior that just started---screen blackouts with no relation to UAC
    ... At the time I upgraded to Vista in May, 2007, I upgraded the video card driver to a vista compatable version from the NVIDIA website. ... it seems that I was unable to establish any relation between the Logitech and the problem. ...
  • Re: Starting Existing VB6 Project in Vista
    ... Does your Nvidia 2D hardware acceleration really run okay on Vista? ... However, on the exact same system when running XP the processor is free for use after just 1 millisecond (which is very fast, but is exactly what you would expect using an accelerated video card) and the time for the actual blits to finish completing is about five times faster than on Vista, so on both counts XP is winning hands down. ...
  • Re: Computer Low on Memory
    ... I'm running Windows Vista Home ... I'm thinking it's not a video card problem that simultaneously went ... machines in two different locations on two different networks. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: WHY CANT MEDIA CENTER RECOGNISE MY TV TUNER CARD?
    ... the tuner card and the Video card? ... I am Running Windows Vista Home Premium and when I go into Media Center ... ATI Radeon X1300 512MB Video Card. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Starting Existing VB6 Project in Vista
    ... Vista results, on the same machine: ... The test code sets up two 1024 x 768 pixel screen compatible memory bitmaps and it blits one to the other 1000 times. ... However, on the exact same system when running XP the processor is free for use after just 1 millisecond (which is very fast, but is exactly what you would expect using an accelerated video card) and the time for the actual blits to finish completing is about five times faster than on Vista, so on both counts XP is winning hands down. ... Private Declare Function BitBlt Lib "gdi32" _ ...