CP problem with media player with generic monitor

Vista 32bit sp1:

Main monitor is a older CRT and I have disabled EDID (with needle nose
pliers) in order to get the high resolution I need in vista. The problem
with this is that when in clone mode (with a flat panel tv) media player
refuses to play DVDs due to content protection. I think this is a built in
restriction with monitors that won't plug and play, in this case my generic
monitor, not the tv. I think they are afraid my unknown monitor could be a
high speed DVD reproduction robot, ha! The fix is to use VLC. Seems a shame
though. Either they should fix the resolution lockdown on monitors, or fix
the content protection chain nonsense. Can any of the experts here comment
on this stuff?

  • Re: Screen Loads Sideways - video card issue?
    ... with the monitor attached, it's got to be the video card (nVidia GeForce ... 9600m GT) or the graphics driver interacting with Vista. ... chat with microsoft and they couldn't fix it. ... thoughts of any kind on how to fix the problem or on the compatability ...
  • Screen loads sideways
    ... monitor would load sideways or upside down whenever it felt like it. ... HP now tells me they think Vista has ... ideas for how I can fix this? ... thoughts of any kind on how to fix the problem or on the compatability issue ...
  • Screen Loads Sideways - video card issue?
    ... HP 20" external monitor with wireless key board and mouse. ... HP now tells me they think Vista has ... ideas for how I can fix this? ... thoughts of any kind on how to fix the problem or on the compatability issue ...
  • Re: Screen Loads Sideways - video card issue?
    ... HP 20" external monitor with wireless key board and mouse. ... HP now tells me they think Vista has ... ideas for how I can fix this? ... thoughts of any kind on how to fix the problem or on the compatability issue ...
  • Re: List the people whove suffered for knowing Peter Parker/ Spidey.
    ... I have only heard them from those within the scaning community and therefore it's always from people who already have access to all the issues contained within and in a non pdf format. ... I would recommend a fairly large monitor with high resolution to best ... about the minimum I would recommend to read each pair of pages easily. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe)