Re: Problem With Video

Thank you so much. That's an easy problem to solve and inexpensive too! LOL!

"Curious" <mailmenot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23COq904ZJHA.4072@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It works on a hard surface because the laptop has four feet to keep it elevated over a hard surface.
"Lisa" <noone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uk7Iqg4ZJHA.1188@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Really? Well thanks so much. I'll try putting it on a hard surface.

"Curious" <mailmenot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e4kFTN4ZJHA.556@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That's your problem since the laptop in on your soft lap all or almost all of the vents which have fans to suck air into the computer which are located on the laptops bottom are blocked. Take a look and you will see them
"Lisa" <noone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uh39M92ZJHA.3496@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I watch movies, it's sitting on my lap; not a hard surface. I don't see any dust in the vents but I vacuumed just in case. Could I need a more powerful graphics card? My laptop is only 7 mos old.

"Curious" <mailmenot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eHW4W12ZJHA.412@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well as long as your laptop is sitting on a hard surface so it can always have ventilation and if you do not see dust collected on the bottom vents then it is probably not a ventilation problem. If there is dust on the vents such it out with a vacuum cleaner,