Re: Play DVDs on RealPlayer or VLC Players?

Lonestar wrote:
As was posted earlier, my Vista Home Premium will not play DVDs in
Media Player like it's supposed to (colored, blocky video). It may
be the CODECS, but I'll play with that later. Meanwhile, can I
download free RealPlayer or VLC and play DVDs, or do these need an
extra set of CODECS to play commercial DVDs?

I'm at a loss -- my super-duper Vista Home Premium SHOULD play DVDs,
but no...

Thanks.

EW
====================
VLC should play the DVDs.

VLC Media Player
http://www.videolan.org/

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Re: Fansub group member killed in home raid
    ... that they release lightning-fast and reasonably accurate fansubs ... A good media player will identify, search, and install missing filters ... play virtually anything you throw at it is KMPlayer: ... But I'm a bit tired of trying out new players, codecs ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Missing Codec?
    ... PowerPoint uses the MCI Media Player to play media files. ... If the file won't play in mplay32.exe, then it's not going to play in PPT. ... Where did the MP3 files come from? ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: WMP 11 wont use audio/video codec
    ... Windows Media player would not play the videos my Daughter Made with Her Cell Phone.. ... It Said She Did not have permission to View the Video's. ... the player can't play any AVI movie because it can't find codecs!!! ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • Re: codecs for Windows Media Player 10
    ... VideoCD's can either contain MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 video. ... > I recently downloaded Media Player 10. ... One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found'. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Missing Codec?
    ... Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd ... When I open Windows Media Player from my desk top icon, ... Where did the MP3 files come from? ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)