Re: Movie Maker Not Functioning

Your issue is different.

Where did the content in question come from?
Why are you using the 3ivx decoder? You may find that either FFDShow Tryouts or the DivX decoder would work much better.

What problems were you having? Generally the updates should be pretty positive things.

"Stacey" <sl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0D09F0AE-F8AE-45A9-9D99-0D99A48A1A01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Trek - I have been following this conversation because I have a similar
issue. I just get an "unspecified error" when I try to upload videos from my
hardrive (.AVI files). The response I got from the GSpot was:
Render OK. The following filters -
(Src)-->>--(A)-->[AVI Splitter]>--(B)-->[3ivx D4 Video
Decoder]>--(C)-->[Video Renderer ] (Src)-->>--(A)-->[AVI
Splitter]>--(B)-->[ACM Wrapper]>--(C)-->[Default DirectSound Device ]

These don't look "strange" to me - do they look okay to you?

I have wondered if Movie Maker is not working because I quite downloading
Vista Updates after multiple problems. Could I be missing something that is
causing the problem?
Thanks!

--
Stacey

"Trek" wrote:

Then it is clear. You have some sort of Ligos software that hacked into your
system.

You replaced your Microsoft MPEG2 decoder with Ligos decoder. As I said
Microsoft applications do not like non Microsoft decoders.

Solution is simple disable Ligos MPEG Video Decoder and in GSpot there shoud
appear Microsoft decoder.

.