Re: Linksys DMA210 extender connection problems

how can I tell ?, fraid you'll have to tell me where to look to find out

Curious;1111613 Wrote:
Are the 2 units in the same workgroup?
"husky" <husky.3ks744@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi all,

Please help, totally new to this sort of thing

Recently bought the above item and have been trying now for over a
week
to get my pc with vista home premium to recognise it on my wireless
network.
In media center I keep getting the same response
"extender not found,
setup could not find your extender,verify the following,
your extender is on and connected to the same network as this
computer
your setup key is correct
your firewall is set up to allow upnp discovery"

I have managed (according to the event viewer) to successfully
configure the pc for use with the extender, the extender tells me its
connected to my network although I cannot download the latest updates
on
it as it tells me there is a connection problem, I cannot see the
extender when I open network sharing center "view computers and
devices"

I'm using a Belkin (N) wireless modem router connected by cable into
my
pc, I have a squeezebox working perfectly well on my wireless network
which can pick up internet radio and access my music files perfectly
well.

I have Norton 360, which I've tried with the firewall, on ,off,
completely uninstalled, windows firewall, on, off ,which is
configured
for use with media extenders. Network discovery is on.

I think I may have done something wrong somewhere but can't see it at
all, anyone throw any light on this as I would really like to get
this
set up for xmas.
Thanks.

--
husky

  • Re: Entender cant play video?
    ... > through a new Linksys WRT55AG V.2 router hard wired to MC ... > PC and over 802.11a to extender. ... > Network tests: PING for over 3 minutes yielded 1ms per ... >>- Are you running a firewall other than the Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Problems with Media Center and Linksys Extender
    ... Is there a firewall running anywhere between the MCX and the MCE machine? ... I bought a Linksys Media Center Extender WMCE54AG on Tuesday, ... and network cable. ...
    ... "husky" wrote in message ... your extender is on and connected to the same network as this computer ... it as it tells me there is a connection problem, ...
  • Linksys DMA210 extender connection problems
    ... your extender is on and connected to the same network as this computer ... it as it tells me there is a connection problem, ... I have Norton 360, which I've tried with the firewall, on,off, ...