Re: Linksys DMA210 extender connection problems

how can I tell ?, fraid you'll have to tell me where to look to find out

Curious;1111613 Wrote:
Are the 2 units in the same workgroup?
"husky" <husky.3ks744@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi all,

Please help, totally new to this sort of thing

Recently bought the above item and have been trying now for over a
to get my pc with vista home premium to recognise it on my wireless
In media center I keep getting the same response
"extender not found,
setup could not find your extender,verify the following,
your extender is on and connected to the same network as this
your setup key is correct
your firewall is set up to allow upnp discovery"

I have managed (according to the event viewer) to successfully
configure the pc for use with the extender, the extender tells me its
connected to my network although I cannot download the latest updates
it as it tells me there is a connection problem, I cannot see the
extender when I open network sharing center "view computers and

I'm using a Belkin (N) wireless modem router connected by cable into
pc, I have a squeezebox working perfectly well on my wireless network
which can pick up internet radio and access my music files perfectly

I have Norton 360, which I've tried with the firewall, on ,off,
completely uninstalled, windows firewall, on, off ,which is
for use with media extenders. Network discovery is on.

I think I may have done something wrong somewhere but can't see it at
all, anyone throw any light on this as I would really like to get
set up for xmas.

Posted via

Posted via