Linksys DMA210 extender connection problems

Hi all,

Please help, totally new to this sort of thing

Recently bought the above item and have been trying now for over a week
to get my pc with vista home premium to recognise it on my wireless
network.
In media center I keep getting the same response
"extender not found,
setup could not find your extender,verify the following,
your extender is on and connected to the same network as this computer
your setup key is correct
your firewall is set up to allow upnp discovery"

I have managed (according to the event viewer) to successfully
configure the pc for use with the extender, the extender tells me its
connected to my network although I cannot download the latest updates on
it as it tells me there is a connection problem, I cannot see the
extender when I open network sharing center "view computers and devices"

I'm using a Belkin (N) wireless modem router connected by cable into my
pc, I have a squeezebox working perfectly well on my wireless network
which can pick up internet radio and access my music files perfectly
well.

I have Norton 360, which I've tried with the firewall, on ,off,
completely uninstalled, windows firewall, on, off ,which is configured
for use with media extenders. Network discovery is on.

I think I may have done something wrong somewhere but can't see it at
all, anyone throw any light on this as I would really like to get this
set up for xmas.
Thanks.

--
husky

  • Re: Still cant connect to RWW or OWA remotely
    ... No, I don't have a 3rd party firewall, and it's a pretty plain vanilla WinXP ... Connected to the network like the other workstations, ... I could go to any workstation and connect to them just fine. ... match the broadband connection, the two NIC firewall, the remote ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Workgroup is not accessible.
    ... The only network connection with the ... firewall set was the dial-up connection, ... Even when it accesses the workgroup, ...
  • RE: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
    ... file and printer sharing is available for network login from any network (I ... Internet Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled." ... Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Lost Internet Connectivity
    ... use network diagnostic tools, i.e. ipconfig, ping, etc. ... Firewall, McAfee Personal Firewall, VS, two-PC network, Motorola modem, ... PCI 10/100 Ethernet Connection. ... Windows Firewall/ICS Service not running, ...
  • Re: 32-bit TCP/IP Connection
    ... try the uninstall on MCAfee yet. ... Regarding my Network conncections though - first off, ... When I right-click on AOL only the AOL connection setup screen pops-up. ... have the Microsoft XP Firewall turned on, I do use SpyBot S & D, AdAware SE ...