How To Edit Video Files To Rip

I'm not having success figuring out how to select which files I want to
rip from a DVD to my pc. This is my first experience in doing this and
I'm thinking about in the same term I would ripping a cd...before
ripping you see the names of the files and select which ones you want to
rip. I have not found a way to do this either with WMP11 or with a dvd
decrypter. All the files show but tags like VTS_02_5.VOB which doesn't
indicate which section it is and Windows doesn't open VOB or BUP files.

And if I happen to find an experienced person here, when I try to rip
the DVD to decrypt it, only the video files show...no audio. ?????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

--
Saidas

  • Re: How To Edit Video Files To Rip
    ... to rip from a DVD to my pc. ... The main content is in the VOB files... ... DVDFab HD Decrypter ...
  • Re: Ripping DVDs.
    ... When that has happened to me, DVD Decrypter ... DVD Shrink doesn't include a burning engine. ... DVD Decrypter does include a DVD ISO burning engine. ... > there a good software that will allow me to rip just the movie using the> less space possible. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Suse 10.3 and DVD::RIP
    ... CD and played on a DivX capable DVD player. ... rip is common and makes a fine DVD both audio and video. ... The upside to that is the credits shouldn't contribute much ... target file AND not exceed the size of a single layer DVD. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Copying files to the computer and then burning them to disc
    ... CD's are composed of specific file types known as CD-DA ... WMP cannot rip as the native file type CD-DA, ... You may want to compose a disc to playback on a standalone DVD player, ... a DVD can hold if in a good quality MP3 format) and you have a DVD ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: The origin of "rip" to mean "copy"
    ... The latest batch of OED draft entries includes this sense of "rip". ... to transfer from a CD (or DVD) to a hard disk. ... the mass copying and distribution of tracks ?ripped? ... from CDs. ...
    (alt.usage.english)