Re: Songs won't shuffle during sync with wmp11

Thanks for the reply zach. I drag the songs I want to sync to the right
"sync area" and I click shuffle now, or something to that effect. The songs
suffieciently shuffle as veiwed in the list on the right side of WMP11.

Then I click the "Sync" button at the bottom and a new window appears with
all the songs listed in the ORIGINAL order as when I dragged them to the sync
window. Syncing has begun by now, and I can no longer shuffle the songs in
this window.

The songs are coming from a WHS box so perhaps after "shuffling", I am not
waiting long enough for the files to actually "move around"? Not sure.

BTW, the songs appear (are copied to) on the device in the order they were
synced...i.e., NOT shuffled.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

Which order are you referring: the files that are copied to the device, are
*how* the files are listed on the device?

"Keith" <Keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello. Odd issue that is irritating to me. I use an 8gb USB flash drive
sync to for mobile listening. I always hit the "Shuffle Now" dialog
before
syncing, but the "shuffle" never "sticks". When I push "sync", the songs
revert back to the original order (which invariably is sorted by artist).
Very frustrating minor issue.

BTW, I am using the 64bit version. Not sure if it actually works any
better
than the 32bit on my Vista Ultimate box, but read somewhere how to make
the
64 bit the "default" so I did.

Any suggestions? Revert back to 32 bit and see if it has the problem?
Anything else?

  • Re: Songs wont shuffle during sync with wmp11
    ... It sounds like you're in that pane instead of the Sync pane. ... Thus you're shuffling a temporary playlist that gets thrown out and the new Sync list is built off of the old list. ... suffieciently shuffle as veiwed in the list on the right side of WMP11. ... all the songs listed in the ORIGINAL order as when I dragged them to the sync ...
  • Shuffle files
    ... all songs in a playlist flie, shuffled the playlist two times and ran sync. ... No more shuffle! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: unknown error re: wmp3 & wmp10
    ... as always, thanks very much jerry. ... thought i did it right weeks ago, but i somehow deleted all the songs ... of just which songs i sync to the mp3. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)
  • Re: unknown error re: wmp3 & wmp10
    ... any tips on deleting a few & replacing them with another few, jerry? ... thought i did it right weeks ago, but i somehow deleted all the songs! ... of just which songs i sync to the mp3. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)
  • Re: unknown error re: wmp3 & wmp10
    ... thought i did it right weeks ago, but i somehow deleted all the songs! ... of just which songs i sync to the mp3. ... the library thus creating duplicate files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)