Re: Movie Maker Not Functioning

Ok since I am in a good shape I tried to reproduce your problem and found
that for example AVerMedia MPEG Video Decoder is doing this.

Do you have Aver software?

"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@xxxxxxxxxx> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:OekfDj6XJHA.1324@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The drag'n drop operation is not working because video is decoded by not correct codec I guess.
I had exacly the same situation in dvd maker, I dragged there video and nothing happened.

What I see extremely lame is that there is no message, it is just not doing anything.
I accredit this situation to Microsoft programmers, it seems that got fat and lazy to create notification dialog boxes.

Solution is to disable that bad codec and voila ...

Also do not install zillions of codecs for one type of video. The problem is if you install some software (e.g. Nero) the installer
puts in the system zillions of Nero codecs that become "primary" and e.g. dvd maker is not working with Nero codecs.

"glenhaworth" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:7c848cf7a93547a5b75630633cd3d6fa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks! I did what you suggested and it fixed the problem of importing
videos. But WMM still will not let me drag video to the Timeline or
Storyboard.

Any ideas why?

--
glenhaworth

  • Re: Still cannot play AVI files (after suggested solutions)
    ... DO NOT install random codec's. ... after taking the steps below my AVI files still won't play. ... although the tools mentions that suitable codecs ... More desperate...update video drivers, check video devices ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: DivX videos & a black screen
    ... I experienced the same problem with remote control keys going dead whenever ... be the default CODEC being used for all of those video types. ... encoded with newer versions of the CODECs. ... Another thing that codec packs may install is hacked versions of some ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: WMP11 playback blocky and colours wrong
    ... Video Mixing renderer, and Use Overlays. ... drives are DMA configured - I did have some issues as ... I've tested the CODECS ... codecs does WMP11 and XPSP2 install itself and need? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Strange Audio Problem with ACELP.net Sipro Lab Audio Decoder.
    ... ONE of my video editors gladly accepted, ... install thESE file, and retry it. ... BUT BEFORE INSTALLING ANY OF THE CODECS. ... the Audio decoded with ACELP.net ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)
  • Re: Novice: First steps with VirtualDub
    ... >original MPEG file into some other format, ... >yet-unspecified video and audio codecs), ... >2.0 only supports saving in WMV/ASF format - or, in DV AVI format, ...
    (rec.video.desktop)