Re: Movie Maker Not Functioning

Hi,

these symptoms are exactly codec clashes. It is quite annoying to diagnose which codes is doing this.
Have you installed some softwares between the time it was working and now?

I.e. you probably installed some codecs and now instead of working one the bad one is loading
on decoding video.

"glenhaworth" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:e62ef50ba083e028145f857784bde706@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have used WMM successfully before. But recently in trying to produce a
video project, it just stopped working. It first stopped allowing me to
drag videos and pictures to the Timeline OR the Storyboard. Now, in
addition to this, it crashes as I try to Import more than one video.

I have Vista Home Premium. I have no idea what, if any, programs might
be interfering with WMM. I used the Roxio program (Video Wave) for the
last project I did, but it doesn't have some features I want that are in
WMM.

Does anyone know what I can do? Is there some way to reinstall or
restore WMM?

Thanks!

--
glenhaworth

  • RE: Cant open any of my saved projects!!
    ... try to open one of my saved projects in WMM: I open up WMM and click the OPEN ... that may have been saved as saved as *.dvr.ms for video or recorded OTA TV ... Wireless and Real Networls) or even WMV, etc., either won't play the file ... a general tool) is COMPLETELY Missing from VISTA' OR none of the imported ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Hangs after clicking on "Capture from video device" + other probs
    ... video card, an Angel TV tuner card, and an SB Audigy 2ZS Audio ... problems with WMM right from the beginning. ... This time when I click on "Capture from video device", ... window appears, saying "The video device is currently in use. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Video files saved by WMM have no audio
    ... Windows Movie ... Maker WMM runs on Windows XP professional. ... composite video signal with stereo audio (the capture device provides ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Recognizing camera in MM
    ... I don't have Vista or WMM for Vista but you couldn't use WMM in XP to ... "If you have a DV camera that supports streaming over USB (also called a USB ... Video Class camera), you can connect the video camera to your computer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: WMM Freezing - Size issue?
    ... I've been transferring video clips from my Sony Digital 8 DCR-TRV280 ... When I check the files in Explore, the video file type is Windows Media ... disabling my virus scan and am wondering if I should be disabling Adaware and ... WMM always freezes up when I go from the Timeline view to Storyboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)