Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%

Which codec was it? Where did it come from?

"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Fortunatelly I am smart and I do not have fat ass as Microsoft programmers
since I like fitness so finally dvd maker is working for my sister.
Of course it was codecs.

"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@xxxxxxxxxx> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
For exaple right now I am trying to explain my sister, she is trying to
transfer some movies to DVD,
why DVD maker is bombing out on startup with this stopped responding
crap.

Should I tell her run debugger and find out? or what?

"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@xxxxxxxxxx> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
You are absolutely right, because these codecs can have and have poor
quality often.

But I guess Microsoft has sufficient resources to make wonderfull
software and make some "codec isolation layer",
whatever, but programmers and architects probably got fat asses and are
reluctant to work hardly.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> pí¹e v diskusním
pøíspìvku news:uJ3b0JvXJHA.5272@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you give a loaded codec a query request and it explodes upon you,
it's kind of the codec that's broken. Your comment implies that DVD
Maker should be psychic and know what broken codecs people would
install to their systems that it should never ever use, which may be
somewhat unrealistic.

rights.
--
"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
PS: and Windows DVD Maker and other applications can be easily
devastated by installing codecs in the system.
Just DVD Maker is very sensible and not robust.

"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@xxxxxxxxxx> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
Hi,

with similar unstable applications the best is to burn stuff in
virtual cd (software pretending cd/dvd/blue ray of your selection) -
e.g. app VirtualCD :-)
You "burn" the things to the iso image and then this image to real
media with some reliable software.

"madkingsoup" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku

Every time I try to burn a DVD using Windows DVD Maker, I get a
failure
at 99%.

The status window is at "Finishing Disc. Please wait. 99.0%"
The error window simply states "Cannot create the DVD. An error
occurred when burning the DVD."
Screengrab: 'DVDMakerError.jpg - Windows Live'
(http://cid-998cda7d2c395f22.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/DVDMakerError.jpg)

I also get two error reports. I can't find anything when Googling
though.
The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code (-2147220992) when
burning
the disc.
Dvd Maker returned an error code (0x80040200) when burning the disc.

I get this error whether I use a blank disc or a RW disc.
Incidentally,
if I use a RW disc, the original data is still there after the
failure,
so it's not even trying to write it.

And a final point - Roxio has no trouble performing the same burn
with
the same data.

I hope someone knows what to do to correct this...

Thanks
George

--
madkingsoup

  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... It was some sort of Czech build of xvid codec that caused DVD maker to crash. ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ... The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code when burning ...
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker shuts down
    ... I have Vista Ultimate and I have a problem with DVD Maker. ... Fault Module Name: iac25_32.ax ... Additional Information 1: fd00 ... Looks like an issue with the iac25_32.ax Intel Codec. ...
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... But I guess Microsoft has sufficient resources to make wonderfull software and make some "codec isolation layer", ... Your comment implies that DVD Maker should be psychic and know what broken codecs people would install to their systems that it should never ever use, ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ... The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code when burning ...
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker shuts down
    ... I have Vista Ultimate and I have a problem with DVD Maker. ... Looks like an issue with the iac25_32.ax Intel Codec. ... After I do unregister the codec, can I re-register it if I find it is needed for some other application? ...
  • Re: dvd maker and indeo
    ... K-Lite and never ecountered problems iwth DVD maker before. ... Pack, is there a codec that you recommend will be compatible with DVD Maker? ...