Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%

You are absolutely right, because these codecs can have and have poor quality often.

But I guess Microsoft has sufficient resources to make wonderfull software and make some "codec isolation layer",
whatever, but programmers and architects probably got fat asses and are reluctant to work hardly.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:uJ3b0JvXJHA.5272@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you give a loaded codec a query request and it explodes upon you, it's kind of the codec that's broken. Your comment implies that DVD Maker should be psychic and know what broken codecs people would install to their systems that it should never ever use, which may be somewhat unrealistic.

"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eHy5gYuXJHA.868@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PS: and Windows DVD Maker and other applications can be easily devastated by installing codecs in the system.
Just DVD Maker is very sensible and not robust.

"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@xxxxxxxxxx> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:%232vbhWuXJHA.4380@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

with similar unstable applications the best is to burn stuff in virtual cd (software pretending cd/dvd/blue ray of your selection) - e.g. app VirtualCD :-)
You "burn" the things to the iso image and then this image to real media with some reliable software.

"madkingsoup" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:570ce964dc7452c87d50b17b36639554@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Every time I try to burn a DVD using Windows DVD Maker, I get a failure
at 99%.

The status window is at "Finishing Disc. Please wait. 99.0%"
The error window simply states "Cannot create the DVD. An error
occurred when burning the DVD."
Screengrab: 'DVDMakerError.jpg - Windows Live'
(http://cid-998cda7d2c395f22.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/DVDMakerError.jpg)

I also get two error reports. I can't find anything when Googling
though.
The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code (-2147220992) when burning
the disc.
Dvd Maker returned an error code (0x80040200) when burning the disc.

I get this error whether I use a blank disc or a RW disc. Incidentally,
if I use a RW disc, the original data is still there after the failure,
so it's not even trying to write it.

And a final point - Roxio has no trouble performing the same burn with
the same data.

I hope someone knows what to do to correct this...

Thanks
George

--
madkingsoup

  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... Speaking for myself only. ... programmers since I like fitness so finally dvd maker is working for my sister. ... Your comment implies that DVD Maker should be psychic and know what broken codecs people would install to their systems that it should never ever use, ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ...
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... don't install software you don't trust. ... suggest only installing codecs or software from reputable vendors, ... Just DVD Maker is very sensible and not robust. ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ...
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... Fortunatelly I am smart and I do not have fat ass as Microsoft programmers since I like fitness so finally dvd maker is working for my sister. ... Your comment implies that DVD Maker should be psychic and know what broken codecs people would install to their systems that it should never ever use, ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ...
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... But I guess Microsoft has sufficient resources to make wonderfull software and make some "codec isolation layer", ... Your comment implies that DVD Maker should be psychic and know what broken codecs people would install to their systems that it should never ever use, ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ... The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code when burning ...
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... It was some sort of Czech build of xvid codec that caused DVD maker to crash. ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ... The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code when burning ...