Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%

Hi,

with similar unstable applications the best is to burn stuff in virtual cd (software pretending cd/dvd/blue ray of your selection) - e.g. app VirtualCD :-)
You "burn" the things to the iso image and then this image to real media with some reliable software.

"madkingsoup" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:570ce964dc7452c87d50b17b36639554@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Every time I try to burn a DVD using Windows DVD Maker, I get a failure
at 99%.

The status window is at "Finishing Disc. Please wait. 99.0%"
The error window simply states "Cannot create the DVD. An error
occurred when burning the DVD."
Screengrab: 'DVDMakerError.jpg - Windows Live'
(http://cid-998cda7d2c395f22.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/DVDMakerError.jpg)

I also get two error reports. I can't find anything when Googling
though.
The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code (-2147220992) when burning
the disc.
Dvd Maker returned an error code (0x80040200) when burning the disc.

I get this error whether I use a blank disc or a RW disc. Incidentally,
if I use a RW disc, the original data is still there after the failure,
so it's not even trying to write it.

And a final point - Roxio has no trouble performing the same burn with
the same data.

I hope someone knows what to do to correct this...

Thanks
George

--
madkingsoup

  • DVD Burner not found
    ... or options advised is to stay away from window dvd maker. ... windows dvd maker it states that there is no burner found. ... when i do get the disc to burn it won't work on the dvd player. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • RE: poor mp3 quality/not all songs burn
    ... all the songs i want on them and there arent any skips. ... the burning tab, there is an option for audio cd, mp3, or data/DVD. ... just to see what would happen i burned the same playlist with the same burn ... Makes a complex disc but your MP3s are there. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • RE: poor mp3 quality/not all songs burn
    ... About how to burn data discs in iTunes, we eventually found it, but thank you ... the burning tab, there is an option for audio cd, mp3, or data/DVD. ... Makes a complex disc but your MP3s are there. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • RE: poor mp3 quality/not all songs burn
    ... some people mistakenly assume that since they're using MP3 files as ... an MP3 disc, even if they have Audio CD selected as the burn type. ... SURE you have Data CD selected as the burn type? ... songs will fit, and there is no error message of any kind. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Getting Burn Error
    ... switched between the two trying to get one to burn the CD-R Rainy ... DMA: On ... 0x00; Session Closed, disc fixated ... Could not perform Fixation ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)