Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%

Every time I try to burn a DVD using Windows DVD Maker, I get a failure
at 99%.

The status window is at "Finishing Disc. Please wait. 99.0%"
The error window simply states "Cannot create the DVD. An error
occurred when burning the DVD."
Screengrab: 'DVDMakerError.jpg - Windows Live'
(http://cid-998cda7d2c395f22.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/DVDMakerError.jpg)

I also get two error reports. I can't find anything when Googling
though.
The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code (-2147220992) when burning
the disc.
Dvd Maker returned an error code (0x80040200) when burning the disc.

I get this error whether I use a blank disc or a RW disc. Incidentally,
if I use a RW disc, the original data is still there after the failure,
so it's not even trying to write it.

And a final point - Roxio has no trouble performing the same burn with
the same data.

I hope someone knows what to do to correct this...

Thanks
George

--
madkingsoup

  • Re: HP zd7000 display problem
    ... The 'disc busy' light flickers on and off at all the ... when the Windows hibernation screen flickers on ... Failure", "Screen Dies", etc). ... less than a year (after the first repair, they sent the laptop back ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... and Windows DVD Maker and other applications can be easily devastated by installing codecs in the system. ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ...
  • Re: XP SR2 dies (literally) in middle of use - now "AWDFLASH.EXE" not found
    ... Finally upon about the 4th reboot, Windows failed to POST ... I pulled out my trusty XP disc ... Failure to POST = motherboard failure. ...
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... Which codec was it? ... since I like fitness so finally dvd maker is working for my sister. ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ... Screengrab: 'DVDMakerError.jpg - Windows Live' ...
  • Re: Windows DVD Maker fails at 99%
    ... If you give a loaded codec a query request and it explodes upon you, ... Just DVD Maker is very sensible and not robust. ... The status window is at "Finishing Disc. ... Screengrab: 'DVDMakerError.jpg - Windows Live' ...