Re: Nikon NEF files not suppoerted in Windows gallery?

Avi wrote:
Vista Ultimate 64 bits.
I've downloaded a Nikon codex file but cant see my Raw Nikon D300
files. What can be done?
==============================
Maybe the following links will offer something useful:

Nikon RAW Codec Download
http://nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/

RAW Support in Windows Vista
http://tinyurl.com/2ame53
or...
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/archive/2007/01/23/raw-support-in-windows-vista.aspx

Microsoft PhotoBlog Frequently Asked Questions:
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/pages/faq.aspx

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Re: Nikon Capture vs RawShooter Essentials vs ACR
    ... Some people don't realize that Nikon View (which is totally free and easily ... It contains nikon editor which does the raw ... > processing the RAW NEF files into Tiffs, ... > doesn't allow my to retain the imbedded colour profile of the original NEF ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: RAW image data format
    ... I'm not able to directly speak about what is in the Minolta raw format, ... I suspect it is a lot like that of Nikon and Canon. ... analog gains (set by the white balance)) are applied before the sampling ... Raw files also contain standard data such as F/stop, lens, focus distance, ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: color profile embedding (not conversion) utility?
    ... >4.02) I assume that to get a raw scan I would turn off ... >If I want the software to output a tagged file I have to turn CMS on. ... Nikon Scan actually has a specific ... By using "Scanner RGB" color space ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: NEF. Capture NX, PSE5 or elsewhere?
    ... Capture probably does a little better job of raw conversion (Nikon ... I shoot RAW plus fine jpeg... ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Aperture + NEF
    ... alla perfezione i Picture Control delle fotocamere Nikon. ... puoi fare al momento dello scatto (tranne ovviamente scegliere tempo ... Comunque a sto punto vorrei usare Aperture, ... Peccato sta cosa dei RAW. ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)