Windows Media Player cuts tracks short when burning

Hi, when I burn audio/data CDs which I have always used windows to do
(not WMP) over the past year, the results have been fine. Vista now
seems to hand it over to Media Player to burn and the result for audio
CD's is the last 5-10 seconds are cut off of each track. Data CDs seem
okay.

Is there any way to stop Media Player taking over? On another note;
I've told it not to rip CDs when inserted, but it still goes ahead and
does what it likes :mad:

Any advice is much appreciated.

--
Dave2999

  • Re: mp3 cd wont play in car
    ... My car CD player, and every CD player in my house, plays back these CDs fine. ... Try this on both an XP and Vista box. ...
  • Re: Office 2003
    ... You can't install it without the CDs. ... You should have received the CDs when you purchased Office or made backup of the installation file. ... "Russ Johnson" wrote in message ... > with Vista and am having trouble finding and moving Office 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: mp3 cd wont play in car
    ... Blue Ray Player which plays Music CDs and MP3 CDs which was manufactured ... The issue is that XP did finalize CDs ... Try this on both an XP and Vista box. ...
  • Re: Problem With Audio
    ... Which Media Player? ... CDs onto my computer and they were playing without problems. ... to uploading CDs and the sound was jumpy (kind of like a scratched ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Media Player wont play or rip a new audio CD
    ... I don't see information about .CDS in a quick search. ... All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*. ... media player will not even see this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)