Re: Faulting application AUDIODG.EXE, version 6.0.6001.18000, time

Since I am on Vista I have set debugger to debug postmortem processes.
It happens very frequently.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:9EB3D8EB-73CB-4027-9736-79CB0B27A7B4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Did you update to the newest driver version for your sound card/sound device? The latest version from your sound card vendor may work better than what you have currently.

"Ramki" <Ramki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:FD038469-D46C-45F4-9E87-7CA1E59804B5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Zachd,

This problem exists to me too. I have recently bought a DELL Studio 15
Laptop. The Sound Device name is 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC'. I have
disabled all enhancements. It doesn't work even if I enable them. The items
in the list are:
(1) Speaker Fill
(2) Room Correction
(3) Loudness Equalization.

Thanks

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

What audio card / device do you have on this system?

This crash should indicate that your sound card's Enhancement is broken and
that you want to turn that off. What Enhancement is listed for it in the
Sound control panel?

"Raymond" <Raymond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Recently I purchased a Dell Studio 1535 Laptop running vista Home > Premium.
> From the day one I have problems with sound not working properly. When > the
> machine is rebooted the I can hear the sound from the speakers but > after
> sometime it stops working.
>
> Is this a known problem with Vista Home Premium. How to fix this > problem..
>
> Thanks
> Yacoob Ateekur Rahman

  • Re: Problems running any game on Vista Business x64
    ... It may be Vista in that there is possibly an incompatibility between it and the hardware, ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... I have updated the sound card drivers, ...
  • Re: Problems running any game on Vista Business x64
    ... It may be Vista in that there is possibly an incompatibility between it and the hardware, ... I have updated the sound card drivers, ...
  • Re: speaking of drivers - out of phase sound
    ... With XP I did not install any special drivers from the Asus installation disk of my P5E motherboard - maybe I should. ... But I did install it for Vista. ... When things are working okay in Vista, but I need to use XP and I have to boot to XP I am finding that when come back to Vista I end up with something really badly messed up in the sound for all apps, like iTunes, where it sounds like I am listening to surrond speakers full of swirling out of phase info, with no front channel stuff. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Creative X-Fi sound card problems in Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    ... Vista and my X-Fi Music Sound card. ... returning from a short sleep, or sometimes just randomly, the sound will ... reinstalled the latest driver from their website, ...
  • Re: WMP 11 does not play sound for CCITT Codec in Vista
    ... I have XP, not Vista, but I clicked on your link and WMP openened and played ... the file with sound. ... other codec can be used. ... Always a red "x" is beside the video and when pressing on WebHelp this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)