Re: Album art & folder pictures...

This is a known bug. As far as I am aware there is no fix available yet.
You may be able to get the folders to display the correct image by changing
the folder template and/or changing the icon and then setting it back to the
default icon, or simply choosing a different image and then changing it back
to the default. But it doesn't always work, and the incorrect image
eventually re-appears

It's not restricted to music folders; it can affect any folder, but it does
seem to apply more to folders that have some form of customization. It also
appears that the selection of the incorrect images is not random, as the
same images seem to reappear on the same folders.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"Howard Woodard" <woodard@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have lots of music folders. Most have the correct album art -- though I
don't know where it comes from or how it gets displayed -- but some have
pictures that have nothing to do with what's in the folder. I have
displayed hidden files and there aren't any hidden graphic files in these
folders. Also, I have used the properties dialog to change the folder
picture file and even though it appears to work properly, the folder
picture does not change.

I've looked around but haven't found anything that explains any of this or
gives me some idea of how to force the folders to display the correct
album art or picture of my choice.

Can anyone offer any help on this?

Thanks in advance,

Howard

  • Re: Problem with Start/Programs Window
    ... Can you explain a little more about the adjusting my screen please. ... >> Also,you might uninstall youre display adapter in device mgr,xp will ... >>> the little yellow labeling window. ... Use existing folders and, if necessary create new folders, under Programs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Problem with Start/Programs Window
    ... >> little more about the adjusting my screen please. ... >>> Also,you might uninstall youre display adapter in device mgr,xp will ... I think what Andrew is suggesting is that the monitor is not ... > Use existing folders and, if necessary create new folders, under ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: BLANK OE-6 eMail text area in todays and any previous days e
    ... Did you select View> All files and folders, and make sure you've looked in all folders? ... Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. ... message display window, but the text area of any message that I open is ...
  • Re: How can I prevent outlook downloading fonts from used in (mostly) spam messages?
    ... Turn off auto-preview except in folders where you have your trusted mail ... I would never trust any mail to display even the first word of a ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Temp files
    ... Local Settings is Hidden and anything beyond is also Hidden. ... The above will display the folder anyway. ... Display the contents of system folders ... Hide protected operating system files, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)