Vista can't see a cd

Running vista home premium x64 on a toshiba A305-s6837
When i put an audio cd in it doesnt auto play or anything, if i open
itunes no disk shows up. When i open computer or try and explore the
disk it ejects saying insert disk. if i open windows media player it can
see the disk and play it. same for dvd's.
originally i thought it was a hardware problem but now have no idea.
When i insert a Cd-r itunes can burn to it also. Any ideas how to fix
this?

--
Steveoo

  • Re: iPod & Audio Books
    ... The iTunes sequence of the disks was 20-6, ... My transfer to the iPod resulted in an exact copy of the iTunes ... I recently purchased an "iPod" and would like to transfer an audio book ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: iTunes slow with a lot of songs?
    ... on a 500GB USB 2.0 external hard disk. ... I though it would be nice to put in into itunes, I had it set to NOT ... I have 1.9 Terrabytes of music, some 225,000 songs. ... On a Mac Pro, 6GB RAM. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Multiple problems caused by removing programs
    ... click on the 'disk cleanup' This will take a few minutes to ... Click 'clean up, and hit 'yes' when asked if you want to remove past restore ... > uninstall itunes and quicktime over and over again in my WindowXP. ...
  • Re: Ripping 2 disk set
    ... As for the way CDDB handles it, that's not the way disks in a set are supposed to be identified, by their own guidelines. ... That said, until my own ripper is complete I, like you, use iTunes for converting CDs to MP3. ... WMP will typically show disk 2 as having exactly the same ... album name as disk 1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: iPod & Audio Books
    ... My collection of audio books includes both tapes and CD's. ... For example, if No1 disk has 20 tracks, then the tracks will be ... that it may be possible to have iTunes list each ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)