Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade

Thanks for the accurate and quick reply! Runs great as a result.
Unfortunately ot high lights one more reason to never purchse media on line.
I know I could have undone the hardware changes and save the DRM stuff - but
had one file not worth the bother. There must be some better way to handle
DRM. For instance I live on two continents with a desk top at each location.
I don't travel with a laptop but I do want my music at each location. I only
access one location at a time. Further more I would want to be free to make
the hardware changes without the hassel!

Thanks again,

GW
"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

Nah, this is an actual crash that involves needing to reset a cache. If you
see the Indiv01.key in the module name area, have them follow these steps:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891664/en-us

"Curious" <mailmenot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When you changed the CPU are you sure that there was enough paste to
insure that the CPU would not overheat and with your existing CPU fan?
Have you tried taking it back to 2GB in order to determine if the added
memory or the CPU upgrade is causing your problem?
"GW" <GW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My Vista Ultimate hardware just went from 2 GB RAM to 4 GB and the CPU
was
upgraded to an Intel E8500. Before upgrade Media 11 was running
flawlessly -
after upgrade it crashes about ten seconds after loading. What is the
fix,
please?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919356
Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
Fault Module Timestamp: 47e49397
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001201b1
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5798
Additional Information 2: e96ef8aeffae54044c8875756e1dba12
Additional Information 3: 2985
Additional Information 4: 0f093ffc3c3c617c1d39ce7dff556821

  • Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... > insure that the CPU would not overheat and with your existing CPU fan? ... > memory or the CPU upgrade is causing your problem? ... >> Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key ...
  • Re: WMP11 in Vista 32 has stopped working
    ... What MOBO and CPU did you upgrade from and to? ... Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade
    ... insure that the CPU would not overheat and with your existing CPU fan? ... memory or the CPU upgrade is causing your problem? ... Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key ... Exception Code: c0000005 ...
  • Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade
    ... When you changed the CPU are you sure that there was enough paste to insure that the CPU would not overheat and with your existing CPU fan? ... Have you tried taking it back to 2GB in order to determine if the added memory or the CPU upgrade is causing your problem? ... Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key ... Exception Code: c0000005 ...
  • Re: Windows Media Player crashes when I click on Technical Support
    ... Once I did that I was able to upgrade the DRM using ... Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key ... Fault Module Timestamp: 474e8602 ... Exception Code: c0000005 ...