Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade

My Vista Ultimate hardware just went from 2 GB RAM to 4 GB and the CPU was
upgraded to an Intel E8500. Before upgrade Media 11 was running flawlessly -
after upgrade it crashes about ten seconds after loading. What is the fix,
please?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919356
Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
Fault Module Timestamp: 47e49397
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001201b1
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5798
Additional Information 2: e96ef8aeffae54044c8875756e1dba12
Additional Information 3: 2985
Additional Information 4: 0f093ffc3c3c617c1d39ce7dff556821

  • Upgrade cpu
    ... I am trying to upgrade my cpu to 3.2Ghz. ... The only trouble ... is that when i start the machine again it crashes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Speed improvement?
    ... Run windows' disk cleanup (right click on a drive letter from Windows ... First hardware upgrade I would make would be to bump the memory to 2 ... I *keep* the drives fairly clean. ... All I know *so far* is that CPU usage goes to 99% and 100% once the ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Planned Weekend Gaming (PWG 02/12/2011)
    ... I'm currently overclocking the thing to 3.2 on the stock cooler, ... with temp monitoring on all night the peak is around 63C for all 4 ... of mammoth CPU cooler is obviously a neccessity. ... NOT spend loads of money on an upgrade. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Heads up Alpha and Storage information - Ok for External use
    ... upgrade an AlphaServer GS1280 Model 16 to an AlphaServer GS1280 Model ... Installation involves transfer of CPU modules, ... These new parts bring the buying process for the instant Capacity ... Order and install iCAP CPU modules along with Full Use CPUs. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: 754 or 939?
    ... two years or I can get a 939 that in two years, I can upgrade the CPU, ... My thinking will become much clearer when the Vista public beta comes out ... I have an AGP card now, and it supports Aero Glass, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)