DVD Maker Fails 98.9%

Hi,

I'm hoping this is the best place to ask this question...

I#m using DVD maker on Vista Ultimate to burn a DVD from a WMV file created
using Movie Maker.

The encoding seems to work but once it reaches 98.9% (burning phase) it
fails and spits out the DVD. If I examine the DVD then it has created a
folder with a series of .VOB files. The DVD will actually play in media
player on my computer but it is not recognised as a DVD on my standard DVD
player. I think the reason it plays on media play is because the data has
been transferred but it's not successfully completed whatever steps come
after this to create a proper DVD that would play on my home DVD player.

I have tried playing the movie in DVD maker to make sure it plays ok and it
does. The whole preview functionality seems to work fine.

I have also tried burning one of the sample movies that ships with Vista as
a DVD and this fails too.

So from this I'm pretty sure its nothing wrong with my WMV movie that movie
maker created.

I've checked the event log and there is an error but no real information to
help decipher the problem. I've searched all over the internet and it seems
lots of people have this probem but I haven't found a resolution yet...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

  • Re: Play DVD
    ... I have made several efforts to play a dvd movie but without ... Xine for some odd reason doesn´t work either. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Sound problems
    ... ANOTHER QUESTION IF YOU DONT MIND is that when I play the DVD back in my DVD ... some credits etc to a CD that can be played on the home DVD players. ... Am using Movie Maker 2 and have sonic. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: How to get .avi files to play on TV via DVD player
    ... to play on a TV which will not play .avi files from a USB ... you get from DVD moview rental shops). ... ordinary movie DVDs to the DVD player and TV? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: dvd to hd
    ... If you burn those files to a dvd, ... If you want to play the whole movie from your computer, ... I only use, dvd shrink, for either creating as .iso image, or for shrinking ...