Re: Import iPod music to Vista

Hi, I wanted to follow up to my post above. I went ahead and bought the
shareware I suggested and tried it out. It has worked and solved my
issue with getting my old library onto my new Dell with Vista. It is
very fast to copy your old library into the utility. But I wasn't able
to do a 'mass' import or import by folder. I had to individually import
-some- of my library by file, probably about a third. It was mostly
compilation CD's, for some reason, like soundtracks or "VH1 Greatest
Hits", etc.

A nice option to have is booting iTunes into safe mode by holding down
alt-ctrl-shift
as you start iTunes. If your iPod is not plugged into your PC, you can
also halt the sync with the iPod by keeping the keys depressed after
iTunes loads and then plug in the iPod. It's a little tricky to do
solo/one handed but if you brace the iPod against
something, it's a little easier to plug in the cable.

--
datgrl

  • TidBITS#786/04-Jul-05
    ... Apple Releases iTunes 4.9 with Podcasting Support ... and refurbished iPods and iPod minis ... Use it on Mac OS X to upload, download, mirror, ... for finding, subscribing to, and managing podcasts, which are ...
    (comp.sys.mac.digest)
  • RE: iTunes with MCE?
    ... my understanding that during iTunes installation, you can tell iTunes to use, ... but not manage, your MP3 files. ... those songs on your iPod, you just uncheck the AAC version of the song. ... > I always use the Apple Lossless format. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: City of Dreams
    ... But of the fully "iTunes format compatible" that I could find, ... I no longer use an iPod. ... was about a free plan that limited you to 25 songs per month. ... playlists, custom smart playlists, non-smart playlists(ie, cherry ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • rents: file formats, Apple, and the French
    ... France may cut iPod link to iTunes ... PARIS - Apple Computer faces a serious challenge in France as lawmakers move ... of every three music players sold worldwide, ...
    (sci.econ)