Re: Choosing a file to show on folder icon?

Workarounds are good.

But in this case, if the user has full ownership of the folders then
workarounds aren't necessary. And if the user doesn't have full ownership
then some other unexpected problems may appear in the future.

Anyways, now tru_faith has two options to solve her dilemna.

Cheers...
--
oscar :)

....Right click is your very good friend...

"magicalones" wrote:

Oscar, its a simple fix just rename the picture you want to thumbnail to
Folder.jpg
right click IN that folder and select REFRESH

--
magicalones

  • Re: Old Hard Drive has restricted files
    ... I tried to take ownership over the folders but it will not work. ... It's extremely faster than the XP search utility. ... you're looking at data recovery services. ...
  • Re: XP Folder Ownership Problems, Permissions, Inheritances
    ... I can change the ownership of all my root folders to "Administrators". ... " Permissions", "Inheritances", Users can have certain levels of security ...
  • Re: cant read folders on hard drive
    ... Once you have taken ownership of the doc in XP, ... Microsoft MVP: Windows Server ... since then ive installed the HD in a USB backpack housing and have ... folders viewabe contents of folder not accessible ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • RE: Force Permission / Ownership Changes
    ... You tried to take ownership of the folders but the access was ... by anyone with the permission to grant permissions, ... Does the issue happen to all the folders you move from the old SBS? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Greyed out "Make this folder private"check box
    ... Configure File Sharing in Windows XP Professional and Home Edition ... > configure permissions for access to your files and folders. ... > The option to take ownership is within the Advanced Options button... ... > If that wont do it, log-in with the Administrator account and if necessary ...