Re: WMP11 does not play asf files, missing Sharp G.726 Audio codec

Where exactly do they mention the playing of ASF files by changing the extension to ASX? That seems like really confused logic to me, so I would love to understand what strange logic they're thinking of.

"barman58" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:700a1689137e71f93f67b9890cf01d91@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I use "Vista Codecs" package to enhance the abilities of WMP11 available
'Here' (http://shark007.net/) They actually mention the playing of .ASF
files by changing the Extension to .ASX. have a look at the site and
download If you feel it will give you what you need

I can say that I've had no problems with the package but your
experience may be different.

set a restore point before install to be safe and remove any other
codec packs you may have installed

--
barman58

--