Re: WMP11 does not play asf files, missing Sharp G.726 Audio codec

I use "Vista Codecs" package to enhance the abilities of WMP11 available
'Here' ( They actually mention the playing of .ASF
files by changing the Extension to .ASX. have a look at the site and
download If you feel it will give you what you need

I can say that I've had no problems with the package but your
experience may be different.

set a restore point before install to be safe and remove any other
codec packs you may have installed

the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert