Windows Movie Maker cutting clips

I've been using WMM for over a year and have only recently begun to
experience this problem.

When I drag a clip into the imported media section, some of them will
split into different files. Example: I drag "fluffy clouds" file into
imported media. It shows up in the folder as three different clips:
"fluffy clouds 001", "fluffy clouds 002", and "fluffy clouds 003". This
doesn't happen all of the time though, so I'm confused about why it's
happening. I thought it might have been an issue with file size, but
that's not it.

It's happened enough to be problematic, especially when I'm dealing
with a lot of clips.

--
daydreamer
daydreamer's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/daydreamer.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Windows Movie Maker cutting clips
    ... I've been using WMM for over a year and have only recently begun to ... When I drag a clip into the imported media section, ... It shows up in the folder as three different clips: ...
  • Re: my version corrupt?
    ... because when it splits the clips before u drag down to preview pane ... & when u drag say the 2nd clip down thats when it crashes, ... after installing IE7. ... How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: MM Goes away??
    ... Graham Hughes ... MVP Digital Media ... I tried to drag a lot of little clips and I think it lost it's mind. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: MM Goes away??
    ... Graham Hughes ... MVP Digital Media ... I tried to drag a lot of little clips and I think it lost it's mind. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: What do I do next?
    ... You didn't need to drag ... each clip to the timeline and save the projects and all that jazz. ... After importing the video into a collection (and the automatic clips are ... imported the video to begin with and drag them from THERE to the timeline. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)