Windows Media Player Has Stopped working

Whenever I plug in my Sandisk Fuze MP3 player, I receive the message
"Windows Media Player Has Stopped Working" and it shuts down.. It will
also happen when disconnecting as well.. I am running Vista Ultimate
32bit SP1, with all updates applied.. What I have done so far:

1) Searched for duplicate wmp.dll files (never had that satellite
program installed)
2) Reset the DRM store
3) Reset the WMP library

The problem report is as follows:

Product
Windows Media Player

Problem
Stopped working

Date
8/24/2008 1:44 AM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919356
Fault Module Name: wmp.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a80d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0023bc3d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7dc7
Additional Information 2: 20f9a58a83ff41a97ac1b83814caecd1
Additional Information 3: 4683
Additional Information 4: b444a70602dadfdb4766d2e392938fd6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 660562480

Its always the same bucket ID.. Any ideas on what else to try?

Thanks,
Rick

--
RickNY