Re: can't combine files in Movie Maker

LiveAndLearn wrote:
I see. Thanx for replying.

Know of any good software for combining/joining/merging multiple WMV
video clips, preferrably free (as I don't use it a great deal).

ASFTools served me well for this purpose in XP. I just discovered
that it didn't run very well in Vista after fell over a few times.

Cheers

L&L
Just drag the clips to your timeline and Publish the movie
as described in the following articles...that will combine
them into a single .wmv or .avi movie file.

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/4ea4b6cd-0cfe-4d02-8122-16c28828cdf21033.mspx

The following link explains about .avi files:

Movie Maker in Vista -
Publishing / Quality Profiles
http://www.papajohn.org/Vista-Publishing.html

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Re: Problems with MPGs
    ... They all can play that MPG file with whatever version ... Vista Home Premium one. ... It just won't play properly on Windows Media ... my Vista Home Premium PC and have had no luck viewing the movie. ...
  • Re: *Ooops*Edit Line Cuts out of sync in Vista WMM
    ... Vista Music, Pictures, and Video ... Movie Maker 2.1 normally displays every ... Maker in Vista show you each frame. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Windows Vista will not work with your monitor
    ... >>> The more I hear about Vista the less I like it. ... >going to be in hardware that this could be difficult. ... minutes to download a song, or a few hours for a movie, it would take ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)
  • Re: To do or not to do...
    ... I'm currently running Windows Vista on it. ... I never cared for that "letterbox" look, and wonder why film directors can't ... product that fully displays on both movie and TV screens without leaving ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: When I play from the timeline, the movie image is black.
    ... Now that I'm actually trying to make a movie on my new Vista, ... I copied WMM onto it. ... Digital Image MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)